1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinKnight View Post
    Do you have any pictures of it fully loaded? I'm nervous about how "full" it feels.
    I didn't take any side views. But it was indeed full.Will the Synapse 25 hold all my stuff?-150963393699243d46b244775608648b418ee1cdadaaf1412a525e46ee16bd0ec6396eb8d964f148b90c2d339cd8cda3-jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it is full to the brim and takes on the egg shape my s25 becomes too hard to handle. Itís difficult to pick up, it is uncomfortable on my back.

I try to keep underpacked during travel but when Iím coming home from destinations I will let it fully bloat.
    Two bag travel helps. I offload water bottle and laptop/iPad carrying duties to my pilot. It is easier and more convenient to carry this 2 bag combo than a fully stuffed s25 that I would not want to be opening.

Iím also curious to know if a frame would help this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solo View Post
    When it is full to the brim and takes on the egg shape my s25 becomes too hard to handle. Itís difficult to pick up, it is uncomfortable on my back.

I try to keep underpacked during travel but when Iím coming home from destinations I will let it fully bloat.
    Two bag travel helps. I offload water bottle and laptop/iPad carrying duties to my pilot. It is easier and more convenient to carry this 2 bag combo than a fully stuffed s25 that I would not want to be opening.

Iím also curious to know if a frame would help this.

For my s19 the egg is basically eliminated. I stuffed my whole work uniform in there plus some other boxy thingz.You can't fit as much, but I still get a fair deal in there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít like the shape of my S25 when full. Too egg shaped. I either carry less, or Iíve just bought an internal frame to see if that helps with the shape. Fingers crossed.

On a side note, I recently had to empty a full S25 at airport security and it became almost humerous as they checked every pocket finding more and more stuff. I think they couldnít believe it all came out of it.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS) & (Black/Steel), Tristar (Steel/Island), Cadet (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Black Halcyon/Iberian), Synapse 19 (Grey/UV), Ristretto 13 (Steel/NWS), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Co-Pilot (Steel/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel), Daylight Backpack (Burnt Orange), Daylight Briefcase (Black Halcyon) PLUS more 'bits' than you can shake a stick at!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    I donít like the shape of my S25 when full. Too egg shaped. I either carry less, or Iíve just bought an internal frame to see if that helps with the shape. Fingers crossed.

On a side note, I recently had to empty a full S25 at airport security and it became almost humerous as they checked every pocket finding more and more stuff. I think they couldnít believe it all came out of it.

I would love to hear your experience with the frame! I plan on ordering a S25 from Europe but am also still waiting for the frames so I can order and ship both together.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the frame with weekend with a relativly full S25 in halcyon. The frame felt odd in it as it provided quite a solid (but not uncomfortable) feel. For such as flexible bag it felt wrong to have this inflexible panel. So I took it out. I immediately noticed every ridge and odd shaped item in the bag pushing against my back.

So I put it back in and will leave it there for now. I think that its a nice to have thing rather than an essential one. I'll keep trying it for a while but at the moment, am 50/50 on wether i would keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by thijs82 View Post
    I would love to hear your experience with the frame! I plan on ordering a S25 from Europe but am also still waiting for the frames so I can order and ship both together.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS) & (Black/Steel), Tristar (Steel/Island), Cadet (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Black Halcyon/Iberian), Synapse 19 (Grey/UV), Ristretto 13 (Steel/NWS), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Co-Pilot (Steel/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel), Daylight Backpack (Burnt Orange), Daylight Briefcase (Black Halcyon) PLUS more 'bits' than you can shake a stick at!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    I used the frame with weekend with a relativly full S25 in halcyon. The frame felt odd in it as it provided quite a solid (but not uncomfortable) feel. For such as flexible bag it felt wrong to have this inflexible panel. So I took it out. I immediately noticed every ridge and odd shaped item in the bag pushing against my back.

So I put it back in and will leave it there for now. I think that its a nice to have thing rather than an essential one. I'll keep trying it for a while but at the moment, am 50/50 on wether i would keep it.
    I see! Thanks thatís helpful. Did you also try bending the frame to the shape of your back? (Iím quite crooked so interested to see if this works in practice)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't try bending it as it fitted the curve of my back quite nicely.

Its hard to explain but it feels like moving from sleeping on a very soft mattress to a very hard/firm matress. Obviously thats exactly what the frame is designed to do but just takes a little getting used to. Not sure yet if that firmness is something I need, just for the benefit of the bag keeping its shape.

I think I notice it more because I normally have a 13 inch laptop cache hanging at the rear up against my back so I'm used to a solid flat surface but one with the thick soft material around it. The metal/thick plastic frame is now the closest thing to the back so its not soft at all (other than the external mesch back panel).

If you are using the additional padded waist belt then i can see the panel's use for transferring weight to the waist but I don't use that feature.

I've gotten so used to the comfort of an S25 on my back, this panel takes a bit of getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by thijs82 View Post
    I see! Thanks that’s helpful. Did you also try bending the frame to the shape of your back? (I’m quite crooked so interested to see if this works in practice)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the halcyon vs ballistic has any impact on how it feels?

Has anyone tried both halcyon & ballistic both with & without new frames? In S19 or 25?

I have the S19 in 525 ballistic.. with the new frame what I notice is that it's more rigid, less egg prone, but not that it's harder against my back

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold my WF and other bags and only use my S19 but needed something more for when I need to bring my laptop. So I purchased a DBC. It is a simple and perfect solution for the laptop issue.
    Synapse 19, Travel Tray, PCSB, Daylight Briefcase, all in Dyneema, Side Effect and pouchmania

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2