Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    One more picture showing the Crimson Lux bag sticking out of the Pop Tote

Attachment 19443

The top of the Swift is very slightly taller than the Pop Tote.

moriond
    Thank you so much for your great pictures and descriptions!

In the Lux inside the Pop Tote pictures, are the Pop Tote sides clipped?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Even though the SSB is smaller than the Pop Tote, wouldn't it "sag" outward as it is filled to fill the pop tote more completely? It sure looked like that was happening in Ilkway's photos.
    Hi @anna2222,

I don't see how the SSB could give you more than its maximum volume inside the Pop Tote. The top of the Small Shop Bag flares out a bit, which gives a better connection to the top of the Pop Tote, and you could push out against the center of the sides to make them bulge out more while the edges princh more together.

You can get more volume use out of the Shop Bag if you invert it, so the side pockets bulge out, but then the pocket access is less convenient on the inside.

Here's another way to think about space usage: I can insert an older (2013) 13" retina MacBook Pro in its horizontal cache into the Pop Tote. Try putting that into a Small Shop Bag. You really can't make that work.

For lots of uses the bag in bag approach with the SSB will work well, but you do have to give up space.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my SO saw the Alphaviolet Pop Tote and immediately fell in love, so that decision was pretty easy.

For me, Ive been eyeing the GES25 and can’t decide between the Mars Red or Deep Blue. I like the black as well, but I already have a black halcyon MB and am planning on a HsJ soon as well, so that’s out. I do have a French Blue BB and I love it since I love blue, but something about the Mars Red with the Coyote trim really suits the GES25 in my opinion. It just looks “right”. So we’ll see what happens when they become available.
    Boots, Bags, and Beer. (And Coffee)

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly S View Post
    * I tend to wear neutrals and blue/green/purple. I like Mars red, but I tend not to wear it.
    * I'm going to use it as a small grocery bag, for short trips out of the house and for weekend trips when I don't need to carry everything with me. It'll also be used for travel, but I don't fly often enough for that to really be a consideration.
    * My other bags are Olive green/ultraviolet (s25) and black or black cordura.
    * I love the alphaviolet. Purple is my favorite color.

I've resisted getting bags in colors that aren't gender neutral because I keep thinking "maybe my husband will want to use it" but really, he never does.
    I think I'm going to try for alphaviolet, it's about time I bought a bag that is not for sharing Smilie

(I'll be happy to get one in pretty much any color though lol)
    Purple is always the answer Smilie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. If you turned the SSB INSIDE OUT, so the side pockets are now on the outside of the bag, does the SSB now fill up the inside of the PT completely?

2. I asked Kat to send me some swatches of the 525 ballistic last week, in hopes that I could narrow down my color choices, but I don't think it's helping.

a. I don't like navy, but I've already ordered TARDIS patches, because I plan on turning a deep blue PT into a TARDIS.

b. Mars Red is calling to me. My TB luggage is aubergine, but my Briggs and Riley and old Lands' End luggage is red.

c. I have a SK and SE in Cloud because they're nice and neutral, and I think the contrast will make them easier to find in the darker PTs. However, I think the Cloud interior might be easier to find everything, so I need to see it in person.

d. Alphaviolet looks like such a pretty color, although it seems to clash with all my aubergine TB bags. Then again, I want to see a BB and S25 in person, and of course I'm ordering alphaviolet, so there's that.

e. Olive. It's a beautiful color, and if it were clothing, I'd buy it, but it doesn't go with my other clothing. Although green and purple are great contrasts and it did look great next to the aubergine and red luggage.

f. Black. Yuck. Too dark and boring.

I haven't narrowed it down, I have I?

UPDATE: I kept refreshing the screen at 10:59 a.m my timezone and jumped on 3. Deep blue, Mars Red, and Alphaviolet (because PURPLE). I had a Mars Red TC in my cart from a bit earlier today, because I wanted to try the TC in the heavier 525 ballistic, but it was already sold out 1 minute after the PT's debuted. I decided to wait on ordering the BB until I've narrowed down my color choices. Besides, I'm more likely to use the tote bags than a backpack any time soon.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 11-27-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * I tend to wear neutrals and blue/green/purple. I like Mars red, but I tend not to wear it.
    * I'm going to use it as a small grocery bag, for short trips out of the house and for weekend trips when I don't need to carry everything with me. It'll also be used for travel, but I don't fly often enough for that to really be a consideration.
    * My other bags are Olive green/ultraviolet (s25) and black or black cordura.
    * I love the alphaviolet. Purple is my favorite color.

I've resisted getting bags in colors that aren't gender neutral because I keep thinking "maybe my husband will want to use it" but really, he never does.
    I think I'm going to try for alphaviolet, it's about time I bought a bag that is not for sharing Smilie

(I'll be happy to get one in pretty much any color though lol)
    YAY Kelly! I'm so happy for you! Alphaviolet is so pretty and it sounds like it'll go with your wardrobe and your Olive/UV bags. We all need a bag that's just for us. ^_^b

1 hour to go!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @BWeaves,
    1. If you turned the SSB INSIDE OUT, so the side pockets are now on the outside of the bag, does the SSB now fill up the inside of the PT completely?
    Maybe a better statement is that if you are going to be stuffing the outer side pockets of the Pop Tote completely full, so that they bulge inwards into the total available space of the Pop Tote, then you're not losing much space by using the bag-in-bag solution with the Small Shop Bag. If I try to fill up both side pockets of the Pop Tote with Hydroflask thermoses, I'm not going to be able to fit a laptop into my Pop Tote, anyway.

I don't want to detract from the truly innovative solution that @Ilkyway proposed. It's mainly the space at the bottom of the very bottom corners of the bag that is differentt, but if you are completely using the side pockets so they bulge inward to the main space, you won't lose that much room

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    YAY Kelly! I'm so happy for you! Alphaviolet is so pretty and it sounds like it'll go with your wardrobe and your Olive/UV bags. We all need a bag that's just for us. ^_^b

1 hour to go!
    Not gonna lie...I woke up about 5 or 6 times last night re-thinking my color choice lol.

Forum Member
    Austin US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie...I woke up about 5 or 6 times last night re-thinking my color choice lol.
    Check out the Alphaviolet photos @Gochicken just posted. Wow! That Alphaviolet Pop Tote: https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post152777

I think you made the right call. Heck, now I'm rethinking my choice now. 12mins to go...

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brendabethman View Post
    Purple is always the answer Smilie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Except when the answer is Black...or Viridian...or Mars Red...or or or just get them all Big Grin
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, good point!

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answer was Alphaviolet Smilie
    I only hope I've got enough personality to carry it lol.

Maybe my husband will love the bag and I'll be able to justify buying one in a more neutral color for him.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: I kept refreshing my screen at 10:59 a.m my timezone (which is 7:59 PST) and jumped on 3 Pop Totes. Deep blue, Mars Red, and Alphaviolet (because PURPLE). I had a Mars Red TC in my cart from a bit earlier today, because I wanted to try the TC in the heavier 525 ballistic, but it was already sold out 1 minute after the PT's debuted. I decided to wait on ordering the BB until I've narrowed down my color choices. Besides, I'm more likely to use the tote bags than a backpack any time soon.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @BWeaves,

Sorry about the vanished Mars Red Travel Cubelets, but there really weren't many of those left going into the debut. But did you see that they made a lot more Dawn Travel Cubelets for today? And I notice they've been making more items in production on other items (e.g. Sprout backpack has Aubergine/Wasabi in production to replace models that sold out.)

I look forward to your comments on your preferred color of Pop Tote.

moriond

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved the Dawn TC when I ordered it last month, but I wasn't wild about the thinner 210 ballistic fabric. It didn't hold its shape when used as a purse. I wanted to try the 525 ballistic fabric, and the Mars Red looked pretty. I'm sure they'll be more in the future. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast