Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purple is always the answer
    Best quote of the day by BWeaves!

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I missed the debut. It was at 3am my time but I actually woke up a minute before and realised I STILL didn't know what colour to get between - navy, red and ultraviolet - so decided to go for the second batch.

I agree with whoever wrote that wonderful guide for picking colours, ending with what makes you happy. Normally that is what I do (although sub-consciously) but this time it didn't help.

Normally it would always be red, but I like cardinal type reds, not brick reds, which mars red appears to be.

Then I do love purples and can carry off bright colours, but I don't like bright colours that look really unnatural somehow, which I'm worried ultraviolet would look. (Of course I have no problem with orange 152 or zest so maybe it is just that particular purple).

Weirdly I have also been drawn to the black and deep blue. So out of character, which makes me hesitant to order them.

The closest to a decision was to order three and try to sell the other two here in Australia but a huge cost with transport and no guarantee as our TB fans are not as widespread as northern hemisphere and I think my partner would actually collapse if three of the same bag arrived because I couldn't choose a colour.

So looking forward to your reactions to the different colours. please post lots of pics!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Best quote of the day by BWeaves!
    That wasn't my quote, but I approve the message.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirri: I think we are twin daughters of different mothers in different hemispheres.

Houston, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to buy black/NWS both because a lot of my bags are used for work (corporate) but also because I love color coding accessories.

That being said, I love Mars Red and wouldn't hesitate to buy that, and I just went a bit outside my comfort zone in ordering an Olive Pop Tote.
    “Order and simplification are the first steps towards mastery of a subject” ― Thomas Mann

Winona, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread has been helpful to me as I try to narrow down which color of the SCB to get as a EDC while traveling. My dream color would be aubergine, but I'm not sure they will be making the SCB in that color- it's not on the "in production" list. I'm really drawn to red and olive, but wondered how they would look with my clothes. Trying to minimalist pack, my travel palette is mostly neutrals- black, grey, white, and blues with some pops of color, like pink and purple.

To help me decide what clothes to bring that would give me the most versatility, I made "sets" of outfits in Polyvore for each day I'll be traveling. That way, I could be sure not to overpack and guarantee I get at least 2-3 wears out of each article of clothing I'm bringing. (I know this seems like overkill, but it was xmas vacation and I had the time. Ok, full disclosure, I find planning to pack a really fun part of travel). So, last night I just had to upload a pic of each SCB I was looking at to Polyvore and "try them on" with my travel outfits. It became clear very quickly that the black Halcyon was going to work best for me. Here's a link to my trip collection, in case you aren't familiar with Polyvore: https://www.polyvore.com/peru_may_20...ion?id=7294323

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nessagr View Post
    This thread has been helpful to me as I try to narrow down which color of the SCB to get as a EDC while traveling. My dream color would be aubergine, but I'm not sure they will be making the SCB in that color- it's not on the "in production" list. I'm really drawn to red and olive, but wondered how they would look with my clothes. Trying to minimalist pack, my travel palette is mostly neutrals- black, grey, white, and blues with some pops of color, like pink and purple.

To help me decide what clothes to bring that would give me the most versatility, I made "sets" of outfits in Polyvore for each day I'll be traveling. That way, I could be sure not to overpack and guarantee I get at least 2-3 wears out of each article of clothing I'm bringing. (I know this seems like overkill, but it was xmas vacation and I had the time. Ok, full disclosure, I find planning to pack a really fun part of travel). So, last night I just had to upload a pic of each SCB I was looking at to Polyvore and "try them on" with my travel outfits. It became clear very quickly that the black Halcyon was going to work best for me. Here's a link to my trip collection, in case you aren't familiar with Polyvore: https://www.polyvore.com/peru_may_20...ion?id=7294323
    Love this! I do the same thing
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great timing for this question! I do similar to nessagr and Traveltech, only the analog version: by throwing my most common colors of clothes onto the bed together. In fact, I was just doing so with casual clothes and cafe bags. E.g., in the photo below, the colors aren't displaying quite right -- for example, that top grey tee is actually darker IRL, that second-to-last tee is navy (not black), and the linen MCB shouldn't be glowing -- but you can still get a sense that the olive ballistic cafe bag that just arrived isn't quite working, nor is a (relatively) newer, bluer, brighter shade of plum on the left. (An old, redder, darker shade of plum is on the right.)

How do you decide on a color?-img_3367-jpg

I've thrown all bags in at once here, but normally I'd only do so one on at a time since I don't plan on wearing multiple cafe bags at once (!). If I were comparing shoes rather than cafe bags, I'd have sample outfits of different kinds showing most common combos spread out instead.

If I'm debating something I don't own yet, I try to find something we own of a similar color to it (even if its not clothing) to throw into the mix, or else I bring up said item on the iPad and just throw the iPad onto the pile!
    Last edited by kmw; 02-02-2018 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Forgot the final thought.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to pick a Pop Tote color too. I think I've settled on Cloud as the only one that will look good with Forest, Aubergine, and Burnt Orange. Well, black would work too, but I find plain black so boring when there are all these other colors to choose from! (For some reason Black Halcyon doesn't count as "boring plain black" in my mind, but black ballistic does.)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Somerset, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I'm just like you @Kelly S. I spent the whole week going back and forth between colors and up until tonight, I was stuck. Then--I decided. Here's how I did it. Maybe it'll help you too. Smilie

1. What colors do you normally wear? Are there any colors that don't work with your wardrobe? (If so, cross those colors off the list.)

2. What will you use your Pop Tote for? Does the color need to be professional? Chic? Fun? Neutral or will it be your outfit's POP of color? If it'll be your multipurpose bag, consider all of these uses it'll need to work for. (Cross another color off your list?)

3. What color(s) are your other bags? Would you like them to match what you have? Be an accent for them? Or just be its own awesome self?

4. And the most important question: "What color makes me happy? Which one would I LOVE carrying around with me every day?"

Thank you for posting this - it's really helped me. I went from convinced that I'd get Cloud or Black, and have decided that, actually, I really want to get one in Alphaviolet!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3