Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Share
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Posts
    38
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Ballistic 525 colors and Aubergine

    Hello Bihnions!

    Received my Alphaviolet pop tote and Dawn travel cubelet. Huge surprises when I opened the box. I LOVE the travel cubelet and LOVE the dawn color. Wow. Itís so stunning. Also surprising, I donít love the Alphaviolet pop tote. Ballistic 525 colors and Aubergine Iím not sure what is turning me off the pop tote itself or the color. I am a huge color girl, I love bright pops of color (the fact that I missed out on solar and zest kills me!) but the Alphaviolet isnít doing anything for me. Moreso, I have an Aubergine A45 and Aubergine mini OP and Q-kit that are in my everyday bag (Black SE or new Dawn TC) and they really clash to me. I envisioned the pop tote as a travel buddy, airplane person item, etc. I didnít realize that the colors wouldnít go amazing together, or that I would care this much! Ballistic 525 colors and Aubergine

    So, am thinking about colors and if Iím going to sell/return this bag or not. Can anyone take pics of other pop tote 525 colors and Aubergine together? Iím not a fan of red, so Mars red is a no. But Iíd love pics of other colors with Aubergine. Deep Blue, Cloud (afraid it may be too light/get dirty easilyÖ), Olive, Black (possibly just too boring Ballistic 525 colors and Aubergine).

    Thanks friends!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Share
    Seattle
    Posts
    586
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is too dark for pics right now, but I looooove my Cloud Pop tote with Aubergine. As much as I love purple, I am totally not a fan of Alphaviolet and I agree with you that it clashes with Aubergine. Cloud and Veridian are my personal favorites from the new colors, Cloud being my neutral option.
    Rambling On. . . . .

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Share
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Posts
    38
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    It is too dark for pics right now, but I looooove my Cloud Pop tote with Aubergine. As much as I love purple, I am totally not a fan of Alphaviolet and I agree with you that it clashes with Aubergine. Cloud and Veridian are my personal favorites from the new colors, Cloud being my neutral option.
    Oooh pics tomorrow would be so appreciated if you can find the time! Do you feel like the Cloud will get dirty easily? Thatís one of my concerns with CloudÖ I have a sample of the cloud from when it first came out, but itís so hard to tell from that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    2,942
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree: Aubergine and Alphaviolet or Cordura Plum clash. I personaly like all three colours a lot but I would not use Aubergine with either of the other together.

    From the Pop Tote colours right now I would say Deep Blue, Black and Cloud are the ones to combine with Aubergine. I have not seen a big bag in Cloud jet but I have one in Cordura Gray and they are not too far off of each other. I was torn between getting a second PT in Cloud or in Alphaviolet and went for the later. My edc backpacks are not Aubergine and as I have the Deepblue PT too I always can use that with my Aubergine bags.
    My advice: pack the PT and have it not next to anything Aubergine while you try out the layout of the bag. That way you might be able to determin if it is just the colour or the bag itself too. And if it is just the colour try Cloud. It is less bright and silvery than it looks on pictures and you can always accent it with an Aubergine Q-Kit that dangles from the open side pocket O-Ring.

    Ilkyway
    ďAnkh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.Ē

    By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

  5. #5
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    2,942
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is Deepblue, Cloud and Aubergine:



    Ilkyway


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďAnkh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.Ē

    By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    142
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Cloud and have a Pop Tote on the way. I also have a SE in Cloud and I find it goes with everything and does not show dirt. I have a SCB in Deep Blue and I love the color. However, I do find it shows lighter colored dirt. Like all TB bags, just a quick wipe down with a damp cloth takes care of most dirt.

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Share
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    356
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubergine and deep blue are stunning together. I am holding off getting a TC until they make one in aubergine.
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Share
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Posts
    38
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Here is Deepblue, Cloud and Aubergine:



    Ilkyway


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the picture! Iím hoping I get a pic of a cloud pop tote, even not next to Aubergine, Iím having a hard time picturing how it looks in general it.

    And yes, last night I was ignoring the color and packing it to see how it might be able to work for me as a bag. Something I didnít expect was that I could use it as a weekend bag for when we visit my in laws!

    Something I canít get out of my mind, and Iím hoping itís just the Alphaviolet color, is that it is giving me a diaper bag vibe. *Runs and hides* but thatís just me! I donít feel that way when I see anyone elseís pics!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Share
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Posts
    38
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Aubergine and deep blue are stunning together. I am holding off getting a TC until they make one in aubergine.
    Aubergine 525 would be the end of me! Ballistic 525 colors and AubergineBallistic 525 colors and AubergineBallistic 525 colors and Aubergine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Share
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Posts
    38
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy G View Post
    I love Cloud and have a Pop Tote on the way. I also have a SE in Cloud and I find it goes with everything and does not show dirt. I have a SCB in Deep Blue and I love the color. However, I do find it shows lighter colored dirt. Like all TB bags, just a quick wipe down with a damp cloth takes care of most dirt.
    Oh interesting thought on the light dirt on deep blue. Didnít even think of that. Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Share
    Seattle
    Posts
    586
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grellowgal View Post
    Oooh pics tomorrow would be so appreciated if you can find the time! Do you feel like the Cloud will get dirty easily? That’s one of my concerns with Cloud… I have a sample of the cloud from when it first came out, but it’s so hard to tell from that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still a bit dark because Seattle, but here you go. The first is the Cloud Pop Tote with one of my Aubergine organizer pouches, the second adds the Alphaviolet Cubelet for comparison.

    Regarding the dirt and Cloud, for a couple years my daily carry was a Gray/Ultraviolet backpack. It doesn't "show dirt" so much as "become less sparkly new" and part of that is probably the Cordura of the gray. A quick washing would take care of that, so I'm not worried about it on the Cloud.

    Ballistic 525 colors and Aubergine-cloud-pop-tote-aubergine-smaller-jpg

    Ballistic 525 colors and Aubergine-aubergine-alphaviolet-cloud-smaller-jpg


    Quote Originally Posted by grellowgal View Post
    Aubergine 525 would be the end of me! Ballistic 525 colors and AubergineBallistic 525 colors and AubergineBallistic 525 colors and Aubergine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too, but Darcy said in another thread that Aubergine 525 bags aren't expected until late 2018. At that timeframe, I don't have any issues getting a Cloud Pop Tote now, and another one in Aubergine 525 next year (at which point I would probably finally de-stash my Aubergine/NWS Swift, as I prefer a zip-top.)
    Last edited by Meglet; 12-02-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    Rambling On. . . . .

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Share
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Posts
    38
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    Still a bit dark because Seattle, but here you go. The first is the Cloud Pop Tote with one of my Aubergine organizer pouches, the second adds the Alphaviolet Cubelet for comparison.

    Regarding the dirt and Cloud, for a couple years my daily carry was a Gray/Ultraviolet backpack. It doesn't "show dirt" so much as "become less sparkly new" and part of that is probably the Cordura of the gray. A quick washing would take care of that, so I'm not worried about it on the Cloud.

    Ballistic 525 colors and Aubergine-cloud-pop-tote-aubergine-smaller-jpg

    Ballistic 525 colors and Aubergine-aubergine-alphaviolet-cloud-smaller-jpg




    Me too, but Darcy said in another thread that Aubergine 525 bags aren't expected until late 2018. At that timeframe, I don't have any issues getting a Cloud Pop Tote now, and another one in Aubergine 525 next year (at which point I would probably finally de-stash my Aubergine/NWS Swift, as I prefer a zip-top.)
    Ooooooh. Thatís a lovely color and good info about your previous bagÖ Hmmmm, lots to think about. Thank you!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Share
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,740
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still waiting for my Pop Totes to arrive, but I have a feeling that as much as I love purple, the alphaviolet might be my least favorite color. Aubergine is a great neutral and the minute they make the PT in 525 aubergine, I'm on it. The other two colors I ordered are deep blue and Mars red, which will both probably be keepers if I like the bag itself.

  14. #14
    Forum Member haraya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,478
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww!! I want to give a shoutout to Alphaviolet, I love it and would not want it to be dropped from the lineup. Smilie I love purple as well. I have an Aubergine SA, but Alphaviolet and Plum are my favorites.

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Share
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Posts
    38
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Aww!! I want to give a shoutout to Alphaviolet, I love it and would not want it to be dropped from the lineup. Smilie I love purple as well. I have an Aubergine SA, but Alphaviolet and Plum are my favorites.
    Oh itís a lovely color, itís just not what I was expecting with my Aubergine. Smilie


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •