Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strap Options for the Side Kick

Hey gang,

Quick question - decided to get a Side Kick for EDC while travelling (so much back and forth on this). But I would like a wider should strap (1.5”) that I can carry sling style (as a guy I don’t necessarily want to carry it at my hip). Which TB straps are compatible with the Side Kick?

Cheers!

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Side Kick should be able to take on all the straps as it has thouse triangle thicker attachment points.

The only strap a bit diffecult and not realy a good fit is the one from the SE as that has the keystrap attachments.

Ilkyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @longspur, I posted a few pictures a while back using the Side Kick with different straps sizes.

Side Kick with different Straps

The 1.5" version seemed the best proportionally for the size of the Side Kick.

If I recall, in the picture, I used some 1.5" single Gatekeeper Clips (a carabiner should do as well) on the ends of an Absolute Strap to attach it tightly to the Side Kick. However, you can just as easily use the clips that normally come with the Absolute Strap. I just found the more direct attachment tighter when carrying cross-body (like a messenger bag).

If you are ever in Toronto, I can let you try the Side Kick yourself if you wish.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 12-02-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    The Side Kick should be able to take on all the straps as it has thouse triangle thicker attachment points.

The only strap a bit diffecult and not realy a good fit is the one from the SE as that has the keystrap attachments.

Ilkyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your help!

Forum Member
    Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    @longspur, I posted a few pictures a while back using the Side Kick with different straps sizes.

Side Kick with different Straps

The 1.5" version seemed the best proportionally for the size of the Side Kick.

If I recall, in the picture, I used some 1.5" single Gatekeeper Clips (a carabiner should do as well) on the ends of an Absolute Strap to attach it tightly to the Side Kick. However, you can just as easily use the clips that normally come with the Absolute Strap. I just found the more direct attachment tighter when carrying cross-body (like a messenger bag).

If you are ever in Toronto, I can let you try the Side Kick yourself if you wish.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Great to know! And thanks for the offer - definitely want to visit TO again soon!

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon has a smaller version of the Absolute Shoulder Strap that works well with the SK. Normally I use the shoulder strap that comes with the bag but when I want to load it up with heavy items (like a camera) I use the strap from Amazon.

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply neat! Amazing!
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Does anyone have a thinner shoulder strap the like to use with (and that attaches easily to) the Side Kick?
    kindness is contagious.