Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MCB shoulder strap - shoulder pad is trapped when shortened!

My wife would like to carry her new MCB with the strap short (doubled-up or close to it) ... but the tri-glide traps the shoulder pad at one end.

This thread implies there may be no way to do it with the MCB's non-detachable strap, but I figured maybe someone's skinned this cat before?

MCB shoulder strap - shoulder pad is trapped when shortened!-lr5ge222k_kdenamnq_brne3csnqwdb5x837om-fliis7kgozzxl7yja2kcnaledrkwsapnfmg1zr9rymlp6krjbg73ph0vi-jpg
    Last edited by cazique; 12-05-2017 at 06:30 PM. Reason: photo

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The soft plastic shoulder pad may not be as trapped as you think. You may be able to flex the pad a bit and squeeze and twist the tri-glide into it and out the other side. Keep in mind, this might take a bit of effort, and will take as much effort to reverse if you change your mind.

Or you can opt to have the pad out of the way down at the bottom and never use it; or remove the pad entirely by cutting it off with scissors.

All the times I've tried to use a cafe bag (it's just not the right bag shape for me), I found the strap pad kind of pointless (or even a negative) and did not use it.

UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the normal padded shoulder strap, I've successfully done what Fluff mentions and pushed the glide through the padded part of the strap. It's a different strap, but there's a chance you could do the same.

The glide in this photo was originally on the other side of the padding.
    Western Flyer Black Ballistic/Island Halcyon

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    The soft plastic shoulder pad may not be as trapped as you think. You may be able to flex the pad a bit and squeeze and twist the tri-glide into it and out the other side. Keep in mind, this might take a bit of effort, and will take as much effort to reverse if you change your mind.

Or you can opt to have the pad out of the way down at the bottom and never use it; or remove the pad entirely by cutting it off with scissors.

All the times I've tried to use a cafe bag (it's just not the right bag shape for me), I found the strap pad kind of pointless (or even a negative) and did not use it.
    Thanks Fluff for the encouragement - I went back and with a little more muscle flexing I was able to force it through just as you described. The fourth and last opening was the most challenging, but there was no turning back from that point.

(Popcorn the malti-poo approves)

MCB shoulder strap - shoulder pad is trapped when shortened!-ywpgnchqanlvqbnji7ha7zgxskspczn3eicirie9zx9ysvfj0jwzj4rexhxs4zyghh4kyenonp8jtzmb3n9mt5gfvbaxabjq-jpg

England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this problem with all the TB straps (except the Absolute Shoulder Strap, and it struggles); for the MCB, I bought the snap-on shoulder pad and just pushed the hard plastic pad to the bottom of the strap.
    I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
    The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care for the plastic pads and just remove them. I really love my SCB and MCB and they work great without the pads.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy G View Post
    I don't care for the plastic pads and just remove them. I really love my SCB and MCB and they work great without the pads.
    I likewise always cut them off and use the SCB and MCB with the plain strap. For a small light bag, I donít believe the plastic grip is really needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)