Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 19 Top Front Pocket & iPhone 7 Plus

Happy New Year to All,

Can someone please let me know if the Synapse 19 small front pocket (above water bottle pocket) will fir an iPhone 7 Plus? If you have pics, even better Synapse 19 Top Front Pocket & iPhone 7 Plus

Thank you in advance!

Alabama
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Happy New Year to All,

Can someone please let me know if the Synapse 19 small front pocket (above water bottle pocket) will fir an iPhone 7 Plus? If you have pics, even better Synapse 19 Top Front Pocket & iPhone 7 Plus

Thank you in advance!
    Definitely will not, I have a Motorola g4 plus same length and it won't even fit in the small pocket of my s25, so it definitely won't fit in the s19 either, I've owned both.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    Definitely will not, I have a Motorola g4 plus same length and it won't even fit in the small pocket of my s25, so it definitely won't fit in the s19 either, I've owned both.

Thank you!

Northern California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post

Do you know if it would fir in the side pockets?

Kansas City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the deal-breaker between me and the Synapse 19óno place for the phone (an LG G6). If only the front middle pocket was deeper!

The problem with the side pockets is that the phone is just stuck in there; it won't fit in the inner pocket on the right, and the danger is that it falls out when you unzip the side pocket.

One idea is to try clipping the passport pouch or some other pouch in there to hold it, but then it is less easy to get to in a hurry.

For me a phone has to be in an easy access, yet secure, place.

Note: the S25's pocket is big enough for my phone, but it's smaller than yours (5.86" vs 6.23")
    Last edited by blueflax; 01-06-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Orange County, CA, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my phone I use a shoulder strap attachment like the Timbuk2 3 Way Phone Case. I find it bothersome having to deal with my phone inside any backpack pocket. This way I can chose a backpack based on more important carry needs and my phone carry will work across solutions.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    ďNot all those who wander are lost.Ē - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Forum Member
    Portland-ish OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love carrying my iPhone 6s Plus in my travel cubelet, much easier access when walking around, and I tuck it all in the main S19 compartment when I donít need the phone at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A30-halcyon/UV,, S19-black halcyon/Island, SCB-Original halcyon/Wasabi, MCB-Halycon/Wasabi, SK-black halcyon/Island, SE-Aubergine/Wasabi, LS-Aubergine Fjord, shop bags and numerous bits and bobs in as many colors as i can rationalize

Dallas, Texas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the rare occasions I have to put my iPhone 7 plus in my Synapse 19, I use the water bottle pocket. But it's inconvenient to retrieve my phone from my back when walking around, so I always carry my phone in a smaller cross-body bag in front of me (side kick or side effect). Or even in a jacket pocket. So the issue of where my phone fits in the Synapse 19 is really just academic.

I find I always need my phone either in my hand or very nearby, since when I'm walking around with my bag, I'm often using GPS, or on the phone, or taking a picture, or texting, or..or... you know how this whole phone dependency thing goes.
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy