Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Broussard, Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dell 15" E6540 Laptop + Tristar

Hi,

The measurements of the Tristar makes me think my work supplied Dell 15" laptop will fit in center slot. If so, I may be ordering this bag ..
    Exact measurements for laptop.. 15" in. wide and 10 3/4" in. Front to back.
    Last edited by dsonyay; 01-08-2018 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added measurements

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely check the exact thickness of your laptop and take a look at the fit guide to make sure, but it looks like the Horizontal Size 1 will be the most likely to fit your laptop.

Broussard, Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.. i have the measurements exact.. and it will fit .. sort of. I'll need a horizontal style and if I slide my laptop in it, the battery I have (probably an extra strength type) will stick out the top. If I pull the battery out, the laptop will fit. Might buy the standard battery (cheap) and keep the other battery as a
    standby.

Another option is not worry about it.. and place a section of foam style pipe insulation on bottom of compartment and let tje laptop slide into the slit so it is protected if I drop the bag hard. (If I end up witj TriStar)

Or jist buy a protective sleeve from Dell. I guess I'm making this too hard. LoL
    Last edited by dsonyay; 01-09-2018 at 06:16 PM.

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I misread your first post but yeah, the laptop will definitely fit in the Tri-Star.

The extended-range battery does make it tougher to fit the thing into any sort of sleeve -- I checked Dell's website just in case and I didn't see anything much bigger than the Size 1 by way of sleeves (which puts you in the same predicament of having to get a smaller battery or detach the thing every time you want to move it), although I found their Accessories page pretty chaotic and you might have better GoogleFu than I do.

The foam might be a little iffy. I'd be worried about it sliding out of place during carry.

Broussard, Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.. removing the big battery isnt such a big deal.. what happens nearly in all cases is I travel to my spot, normally a boat somewhere, then plug my laptop in, and it stays out

logged in, collecting data. So, I wont be continually pulling in and out of the bag. It's workable I suppose. Thanks!

Broussard, Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to find plenty of padded cases online (ebay, amazon, best buy) made specifically for a dell like mine, with enough room to accommodate the larger battery.

So anyway.. ordered the last gray TriStar today..

Broussard, Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I have an excellent hack (mentioned above) for adding extra protection to a laptops bottom edge