Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's pack cloth? (First and Second Aid Pouches)

I was looking at the first and second aid pouches as non-first aid first aid pouches (just general bag organizers) because I like the handle and clamshell configuration.

But I can't find any info on the exterior material "pack cloth," and am coming up short on a forum search. Is pack cloth like parapack?

(I'd honestly prefer the Spiff Kit with halcyon exterior(/colors), but having the zippers of both segments on the same side -- while perfect for hanging, which is its point, of course -- isn't quite right for my needs, so I know I'd end up reaching for the zipper in the wrong place all the time, which would eventually drive me batty. The Lead's Pocket is really nice as well, but too big and heavy for my purposes.)

Many thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An update for future info seekers:

I wasn't able to find details when I searched the forum for "pack cloth," but somehow tripped over an answer to the same question while searching for "parapack." Many thanks to adalangdon for the explanation of what pack cloth is and isn't:

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    It's not parapack. It's basically a less expensive and lightweight material that's used as a component in some TB bags. The black version kind of looks like black parapack, but the back of the pack cloth is shiny IIRC rather than matte, the latter of which is the case with parapack. There are other bag manufacturers that use pack cloth as a lining material too. My first cafe bag-type bag was a Courierware bag that had such a lining.

Besides the first and second aid kits, the shop bag handles are made of pack cloth. The side panels of the synapses were also made of pack cloth from 2013 to 2014 (they changed to parapack after that).