Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question laundry stuff stack in night flight?

will the small (A30) travel laundry stuff sack fit (when full) in the main compartment of the night flight travel duffel?
    would two fit?
    if it's tight, would removing the foam structure and waiting for halcyon exterior help?

thanks

Vancouver, WA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting question. No photos but I filled my A30 travel laundry stuff sack with assorted stuff and shoved it in the main compartment. It fit width-wise (from end pocket to end pocket. It wasn't a perfect fit. It kept wanting to turn diagonal and it pushed into the end pockets some. Note, I do not use the foam structure in my NFTD.

There is room left in the main compartment but not enough for another laundry stuff sack. A NFTD or similar packing cube would fit. And there's still plenty of room in the end pockets, even with the stuff sack poking into them some.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you! that's very helpful!

Vancouver, WA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you packed the laundry stuff sack fatter, rather than longer, it might fit a little better.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care for the zippered packing cubes, so this is what I'm thinking for the main compartment:
    two size 3 (together these approx. match the NFTD cubes' 8x6 footprint) stuff sacks in first, oriented so that their long base dimension aligns with the long dimension of the night flight,
    one A30 laundry stuff sack on top, nestled between the stuff sack tops, oriented along the long dimension of the night flight, poking into the side pockets a little if needed.
    Last edited by elbren; 01-17-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Vancouver, WA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That might work. I have a No. 3 stuff sack but can't find it right now. My husband sometimes "borrows" my TB accessories. Smilie The NFTD will grow a bit, especially without the liner. It will most likely be very tight, but will likely fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elbren View Post
    I don't care for the zippered packing cubes, so this is what I'm thinking for the main compartment:
    two size 3 (together these approx. match the NFTD cubes' 8x6 footprint) stuff sacks in first, oriented so that their long base dimension aligns with the long dimension of the night flight,
    one A30 laundry stuff sack on top, nestled between the stuff sack tops, oriented along the long dimension of the night flight, poking into the side pockets a little if needed.
    Pictures please! Iím a NFTD fiend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fredletsTravels.com

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ha! the only item in this hypothetical plan that I actually already own is the laundry sack! I'm waiting for a black halcyon night flight to become available, and will choose my stuff sack colors based on contrast with whatever its lining color turns out to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elbren View Post
    ha! the only item in this hypothetical plan that I actually already own is the laundry sack! I'm waiting for a black halcyon night flight to become available, and will choose my stuff sack colors based on contrast with whatever its lining color turns out to be.
    You might want to email the TB Crew about the likelihood of a future production run in Black Halcyon (gray grid) color, as to my recollection, the NFTD hasn't been made in that. It's been produced in Original Halcyon and that's available now with an Iberian interior. I have a NFTD in Navy ballistic/Iberian, but I'd be tempted by Black Halcyon.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i probably have another year of life in my old (vera bradley) cotton duffel it'd be replacing, so I'm not in a hurry. Smilie

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but they're being discontinued and won't be made in black halcyon, so i got the nylon one and it's wonderful. perfect long weekend size for me along with the makers, and both fit together under the plane seat, so don't even need to bother with overhead.
    but.
    the laundry sack does not fit. the size 3 sacks are perfect though: fit two in the main compartment or in either end.