Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Passport pouch got larger?

The dimensions on the product description are 6.5" tall by 5.25" wide.

I measured my pouch: 6-3/8" tall x 4-7/8" wide. I took photos showing the measurement, but unable to attach (doing this on my phone).

So, was the size upgraded? When?

Or my pouch shrank Smilie

Not sure how old my pouch is - it is fairly old - the inside foil lining is disintegrating. Looking to replace.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I purchased one in December 2016 and it has the same dimensions as yours. I wish it was a little larger and could accommodate multiple passports better, so I would prefer the dimensions on the product page.
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artdime View Post
    Interesting. I purchased one in December 2016 and it has the same dimensions as yours. I wish it was a little larger and could accommodate multiple passports better, so I would prefer the dimensions on the product page.
    Very true!! I have a plastic cover on my Passport--and a 52 page Passport to boot---which is a very tight fit. It needs to be bigger!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same - I would like a pouch that is a bit wide.
    Hmm - I may have to look at non-TB options.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    The dimensions on the product description are 6.5" tall by 5.25" wide.

I measured my pouch: 6-3/8" tall x 4-7/8" wide. I took photos showing the measurement, but unable to attach (doing this on my phone).
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention @Walker

We re-measured the RFID Passport Pouch and came up with dimensions quite similar to yours: 6.3" x 5.0" / 160 x 125 mm

This is indeed smaller than what the website listed. We're investigating this further... stay tuned, as I hope to post another update by the end of this week. In the meantime, I have updated the listed dimensions on the RFID Passport Page and have added this to its description:

The RFID Passport Pouch best fits one passport. Some folks have plastic protective covers on their passports; they will find that the RFID Passport Pouch is a tight fit for their passports. An updated and slightly larger RFID Passport Pouch that will fit multiple passports, passports with many pages, or passports with plastic protective covers is in the works; we expect it to be available for order by late February 2018.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The RFID Passport Pouch best fits one passport. Some folks have plastic protective covers on their passports; they will find that the RFID Passport Pouch is a tight fit for their passports. An updated and slightly larger RFID Passport Pouch that will fit multiple passports, passports with many pages, or passports with plastic protective covers is in the works; we expect it to be available for order by late February 2018.
    Oh, wow. I am very excited about this. I have jammed three US passports into a passport pouch or a small organizer pouch, but it's a tight fit and difficult to get them out even with my small fingers. So I am happy to know a new pouch is in the works that will fit multiple passports. TB is so excellent in being responsive to customers needs.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An updated and slightly larger RFID Passport Pouch that will fit multiple passports, passports with many pages, or passports with plastic protective covers is in the works; we expect it to be available for order by late February 2018.
    Yay! I carry six (two each for me and my kids, and I usually just hand them in a stack, in labelled individual RFID shield sleeves, to my husband in the airport) and it would be great to get one pouch for each nationality. I could do Island for our blue American ones and Iberian for our red British ones.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, @Darcy. I look forward to the larger passport pouch. I hope my Allet Passport wallet fits in it. My big trip is late June.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I also wanted to say thanks to the TB crew for making a larger pouch. I had ordered and returned various passport pouches. They have too many pockets that add bulk. They are also too tall, and yet NOT wide enough for my liking.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy to hear about the upcoming larger PP! We're up to 3 passports in our family now, one of which has extra pages. It is indeed a very tight fit.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've made a sample and are thinking the previously stated dimensions on the website of 6.5" tall by 5.25" are pretty much perfect (about .25" / 6mm taller and wider than the current size.) We don't want to make a Passport Pouch that's too big because it'd be a little awkward to carry/wear, but we too find the current size to be less than optimal for fitting multiple passports, passports with many pages, or passports with plastic protective covers.

We're going to make a few more samples next week of the 6.5" tall by 5.25" RFID Passport Pouch and send 'em to you guys (you guys = @Walker @Artdime @Carolina @pammy @Cristina @habanero and we've only cut enough for you, so we can't make more for anyone else -- sorry!) for testing. That is, if you'd be up for testing them for us, and if you are, email your current mailing address to: feedback@tombihn.com (along with your Forum handle).
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've made a sample and are thinking the previously stated dimensions on the website of 6.5" tall by 5.25" are pretty much perfect (about .25" / 6mm taller and wider than the current size.) We don't want to make a Passport Pouch that's too big because it'd be a little awkward to carry/wear, but we too find the current size to be less than optimal for fitting multiple passports, passports with many pages, or passports with plastic protective covers.

We're going to make a few more samples next week of the 6.5" tall by 5.25" RFID Passport Pouch and send 'em to you guys (you guys = @Walker @Artdime @Carolina @pammy @Cristina @habanero and we've only cut enough for you, so we can't make more for anyone else -- sorry!) for testing. That is, if you'd be up for testing them for us, and if you are, email your current mailing address to: feedback@tombihn.com (along with your Forum handle).
    How exciting! Yes, I will be very happy to try out the new passport pouch and provide feedback. Thank you so much! Smilie
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're going to make a few more samples next week of the 6.5" tall by 5.25" RFID Passport Pouch and send 'em to you guys (you guys = @Walker @Artdime @Carolina @pammy @Cristina @habanero and we've only cut enough for you, so we can't make more for anyone else -- sorry!) for testing. That is, if you'd be up for testing them for us, .
    That's just wicked cool!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool. I am more than happy to provide feedback. Thank you! Cool
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, thanks so much! I'd be delighted to test one out. :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast