Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Handle Loops and Key Straps

I just want to confim that there is no metal in any of the handle loops or key straps. I want to wear one on my belt through airport security and if there is no metal I should be fine.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    I just want to confim that there is no metal in any of the handle loops or key straps. I want to wear one on my belt through airport security and if there is no metal I should be fine.
    None that I know of, I have both key straps and the handle loop. I'll post you some pics when I get home.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have them I just wasn't sure if some of the components--especially where the hood is connected to the strap--wasn't metal.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen any sign of metal with mine, feels like it's pretty much just plastic, and trying a magnet near it I didn't feel any kind of attraction.

Though, if you're going through a metal detector that you're allowed to wear your belt through, I would think those would have the sensitivity lowered enough (for example the Pre-Check ones) that even if there was a tiny bit of metal inside the plastic, it shouldn't set if off.