Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How tight is Vertical New 15" Macbook Pro Retina 2017 Cache?

Hi,

I am planning to buy S25 soon, and considering buying cache as well. My laptop is 235 x 357 x 17 mm, while the interior of the largest cache fitting S25 is 241 x 349 x 16 mm. I am not so worried about 1 mm of larger depth, but 6 mm (~ 1/4") larger length is a concern for me. Do you think I will still be able to close the cache with my laptop inside? If it doesn't fit I will be more or less fine putting laptop just in the main compartment (I take laptop to the office rarely).

Thanks a lot!
    Max.

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Max, and welcome to the forums!

I'd go with the larger 15" MacBook Pro instead of the New 15" MacBook Pro 2017. It's a snug fit on those interior dimensions, so your laptop probably won't fit in the New 15" Macbook Pro Retina 2017. The Macbook Pro Retina is 7mm x 7mm x 1mm larger than your dimensions, so it won't have too much extra leeway in any direction.

One thing to mention is although it's totally fine to post these sorts of things in the forum, you might find you get a quicker response via email (emailus@tombihn.com) or by using our Live Chat (it will send an email for use to answer when we're back in if you use that after hours).

Hope that helps!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Matthew,

Thank you for pointing me to this Macbook Pro Retina cache, I somehow missed it originally! So it is 247 x 359 x 18 mm, which is 12 x 2 x 1 mm larger than my laptop. Would't it be too loose because of this 12mm width difference?

P.S. I will use e-mail for the next question!

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I'm honestly not sure how I mixed up my measurements so thoroughly; I must've needed more coffee! You are right, it is a 12 x 2 x 1 mm difference. 12mm is nearing the higher end of the amount of variance I would deem acceptable but I don't think it will be too loose -- I generally consider 18mm my rule for when it becomes too loose and starts to jostle around and below that is usually fine, although I do give special consideration to the 15-18mm range and also take into account the looseness of other sides (which happily isn't much of a factor here).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matthew, thank you, this was very helpful!