Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Crooked Logo

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crooked Logo

Just got the Synapse 19 and absolutely love it. The only thing that bothers me is that the logo is slightly crooked. Itís not obvious at all, you have to look carefully, but I canít help but be annoyed by it. Anyone else annoyed by the crooked logo? I suppose itís something that is hard to get perfect.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rishio View Post
    Just got the Synapse 19 and absolutely love it. The only thing that bothers me is that the logo is slightly crooked. Itís not obvious at all, you have to look carefully, but I canít help but be annoyed by it. Anyone else annoyed by the crooked logo? I suppose itís something that is hard to get perfect.
    Is it crooked in relation to the bag itself or do you have a halcyon bag and it is crooked in relation to the grid lines? I know some people are really bothered by the grid lines because they don't always line up perfectly, but it happens. If it is not the grid lines, you should contact customer service.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the balistic 525, and itís slightly crooked in relation to the bag. I just noticed it right away even though I think most people wouldnít. Maybe I contact customer support, itís a little thing that annoys me but the problem is that the angle is not very big and just wonder if this is normal.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just wondering if you reached out about this, or if you still feel the same way? I have a S25 in original halcyon and the tag is slightly crooked. I think the grid lines make it more noticeable. And, the stitching on the bottom of the tag goes up over the word "culture". Definitely not a perfect sew job. Like you, it jumped out at me and at first I was a little annoyed because I do notice these things and the more I looked at it, the more I saw it (if that makes sense). But it occurred to me that one of the things that drew me to TB bags is the fact that they are handmade by an actual person. And when I thought of it that way, the crookedness became sort of charming. And now it doesn't bother me all that much. Now if it were super crooked I would probably snap a photo and show them, but I think what I received is fine. Not perfect, but fine for my needs.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a s25 and the tag sometimes looks skewed and sometimes straight, which probably means itís slightly off. Itís not a big deal and I think itís partly because of their decision to locate the tag at the top, where the bag has a lot of seams that flex when you load it. The symbol with a slanted airplane probably may also create an illusion of crookedness. Maybe they should have put the tag at the bottom corner or use a smaller tag. Iím not sure the tag is very effective advertising. A good percentage of tumi bags lack noticeable brand tags and they seem to be doing fine.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rishio View Post
    Just got the Synapse 19 and absolutely love it. The only thing that bothers me is that the logo is slightly crooked. It’s not obvious at all, you have to look carefully, but I can’t help but be annoyed by it. Anyone else annoyed by the crooked logo? I suppose it’s something that is hard to get perfect.
    You are not alone in this sentiment. I love TB bags to death -- I've got four of them! But this latest delivery had me return the item for an exchange-out due to a crooked TB patch, and since it was on a Halcyon bag, the horizontal lines only exacerbated the crookedness.

Is this being overly nit-picky? Perhaps. OCD in nature? Maybe. But I absolutely justify it due to the high price (and expected quality) of the item.

TB bags are the most well-made bags I've ever seen, so this was likely just a little blip on the radar