1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Thread: Deep Blue

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep Blue

For those who have bags in Deep Blue 525 Ballistic, how would you describe the color? Is it more navy? Royal blue? Iím contemplating ordering a bag in this color, but itís hard to judge from the photos where the color falls. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it's very close to the Navy of TB's 1050 ballistic nylon.
    Last edited by aedifica; 04-15-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: 1080 pixels, but 1050 ballistic, right.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a deep blue cubelet. I would say the color is halfway between royal and navy. Its deep and saturated, but not black-ish like navy.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, SE in black/iberian, SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck and Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps and Cubelets!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a dark blue, closest to navy to me. The photographs in the product descriptions are much brighter than the color is in real life.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I have a deep blue cubelet. I would say the color is halfway between royal and navy. Its deep and saturated, but not black-ish like navy.
    Agreed, it is brighter than Ballistic navy, especially in the sunó"deep and saturated" is exactly it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, deep blue is more matte in person than in pictures. I would strongly recommend asking the TB Crew to send you swatches of it and also navy so you see it in real life and compare the two as to color and fabric thickness. Color is subjective and what a color appears to one person may not appear the same way to you. Just my two cents.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is darker than the Ballistic 1050 navy. Funny how things can seem so different to different eyes!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...tml#post145221

Ilkyway does a photo comparison in that link which may be helpful. I'm partial to blue and have a lot of my bags in Navy 1050 ballistic and original white grid Nordic. I have a Deep Blue Pop Tote and it appears as navy to me.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask TB for swatches. Don't just ask for a swatch of the fabric you want, but also ask for swatches of the fabrics you want to compare it to, as well.

I think of true navy blue as being almost black, but a lot of people think navy blue is just a very dark blue. 525 ballistic navy is not close to black, but it's definitely a very dark blue. Not royal. To me, it's TARDIS blue, but the darker blue, not the bright one.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! Your descriptions sound like the exact blue I am looking for. I am planning to order the small cafe bag as soon as it comes in stock in this color. For a bigger bag, I would ask for fabric swatches. Thanks again for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk