Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Palo Alto
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best camera insert for MCB?

My husband is buying a new mirrorless 3/4 camera (whatever that is) and has a medium cafe bag. Does anyone use their MCB as a camera bag and can make a recommendation for a padded insert?

I did search the forums but the only post was from 2012 and the insert is no longer available.

I see that some people use the Cubeze ape case but it looks like it will not fit the MCB (unless I read the specs wrong--which is very likely since I am spatially-challenged)

Many thanks!

around 53į
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrottngal View Post
    My husband is buying a new mirrorless 3/4 camera (whatever that is) and has a medium cafe bag. Does anyone use their MCB as a camera bag and can make a recommendation for a padded insert?

I did search the forums but the only post was from 2012 and the insert is no longer available.

I see that some people use the Cubeze ape case but it looks like it will not fit the MCB (unless I read the specs wrong--which is very likely since I am spatially-challenged)

Many thanks!
    Hi,

Iím using my MCB with my mirrorless all the time. I donít have a 4/3 system. I have a Sony A6300 and carry it in a neoprene cover. That way it only takes up the same space the camera will take up as it acts like a glove. Leaves much more room in the MCB for other things to carry.

I keep a spare battery in the front zipper pocket and I carry an extra lens in the main compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Palo Alto
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip. I think he is getting one lens to start--and taking it on a trip to practice before we hit india later this year. Sounds like the neoprene cue might be a good solution and still give him some room in the MCB

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received a MCB to use as a travel camera bag. Do you know what camera your husband is getting? I have what is probably the bulkiest of mirrorless systems, a Fuji xpro2. Like yeg780 says, a neoprene cover or sleeve works well in the MCB. I am using an old third party tablet sleeve in my MCB and it is ideal for the large Fuji body and lenses, as it makes it easy to get to other items in the bag.

around 53į
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The neoprene case/cover/glove/whatever allows me to use any bag (even my DLBC with laptop inside) as a camera bag.

For me, having had way too many camera bags in the past, itís the best solution. A neoprene case, combined with a Peak Design clip or strap and I have the best carry solution for my needs. I use my camera now more than ever because itís now so easy to take along with me

Using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yeg780 View Post
    The neoprene case/cover/glove/whatever allows me to use any bag (even my DLBC with laptop inside) as a camera bag.

For me, having had way too many camera bags in the past, it’s the best solution. A neoprene case, combined with a Peak Design clip or strap and I have the best carry solution for my needs. I use my camera now more than ever because it’s now so easy to take along with me

Using Tapatalk
    ‘Case/cover/glove/whatever’ has a nice ring to it! Whether it is consonance or assonance I can’t decide ��

Forum Member
    Palo Alto
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input, everyone. He is getting a Olympus Om-D Em-1 Mark II.

Any recommendations for a neoprene case that would fit?

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had pretty good luck with the Op Tech neoprene cases for my mirrorless camera and various lenses.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many thanks!
    Hi

The mirrorless cameras concord the market and they are small and thats great,
    this led to carry them inside regular crossbody bags.
    all you need is the right insert.
    just verify what are the camera dimensions (recomended with the usual lens attached) and if regulary your husband also carry additional lens.
    all is left is to search for an insert - these are very cheap at ebay for example:
    1, Felt insert - "similar" to Fujifilm X Millican series (https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53837702) - ebay link example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grey-Felt-F...sAAOSwZBha1xZf
    2. regular nylon insert - ebay link example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-...cAAOSwEcpahL4i

if you want more sophisticate inserts , you can go to the well known companies such as ape case etc'

best regards
    Ronen liroz

around 53į
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input, everyone. He is getting a Olympus Om-D Em-1 Mark II.

Any recommendations for a neoprene case that would fit?
    I have two. One from Megagear and the other, more recent one, from Fotasy. Both were purchased through Amazon. The MegaGear only came in the size to fit my kit lens. When I added a longer lens to my system, I bought the fotasy. Now I just use that one.

I also recommend straps from Peak Design. Photography has been a hobby of mine for many years and Iíve always hated the basic straps that come with cameras. I have the Peak Design Slide Lite and the Leash. Both make the camera a dream to use!

I played with the Olympus one your husband is getting - fantastic camera!

Using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Palo Alto
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the recommendations, especially for the strap. About the camera, I just about had a heart attack when I saw the price, but hey, we all have our splurges, right? And our cat doesn't need new shoes/phone/college, so I guess we're good!

We're off to Monaco for the Historic Grand Prix, as a practice run before a two week trip to India. He is planning on just one lens to start, which will be good for dusty Rajahstan!