Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will any other bag fit with western flyer under the seat of most US airlines?

I am wondering if there is any other bag (co-pilot, maker's bag, dlbc, or pilot) that will fit next to a western flyer under the seat. I have a tristar but am not certain if it will fit under the seat even by itself. Has anyone tried putting two bags under the seat?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spcanf View Post
    I am wondering if there is any other bag (co-pilot, maker's bag, dlbc, or pilot) that will fit next to a western flyer under the seat. I have a tristar but am not certain if it will fit under the seat even by itself. Has anyone tried putting two bags under the seat?
    Iíve had my TS under the seat in a full size plane. Iíve not tried in a regional jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spcanf View Post
    There have been a few requests for pictures of bag combinations in planes. Here's a picture of a TriStar and Co-Pilot under the seat of a Southwest Airlines 737 from my post (#15) in the thread, Pushing the limits. (The original photo came from a post by @SusanM in June 2011, but the Photobucket link no longer works. The picture is one that I separately saved. You can trace all the links back to the original post, since I always embed history information in such cases).

Note that there is no A/V box blocking the seat.

Another place you can check is the Loaded Pocketz review from the end of 2013. I'll excerpt a picture and its accompanying text, but you should read the original view and look at the other pictures of the bag stored/carried in other locations.

The Tri-Star, at 19″ x 13″ x 8″, is slightly smaller than the maximum legal carry-on size for most domestic carriers but compliant with the more conservative size restrictions in Europe and Australia. It easily fits under an airline seat.
    will any other bag fit with western flyer under the seat of most US airlines?-20130726_113612_zps4b108f23-jpg

You can also read the Help with the One-Bag, Under Seat, Tom Bihn Solution 2014 thread discussion. There are some good pictures that @Dandelion posted [#12] of the Western Flyer under seats of an ERJ-145

Please go and read the original linked reviews/posts for full content -- I'm only excerpting photos to give you a sense of what is discussed.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks. I had seen a couple of your links already. I so despise air travel that I usually avoid it like the plague, but I have some unavoidable air travel coming up soon. It seems like the western flyer and another bag should fit, just wondered about the experience of others.
    Last edited by spcanf; 04-20-2018 at 06:10 AM.