Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Aeronaut 30 and Synapse 19?

I'll be going on a 13 day, "carry-on only" trip in May. I recently purchased a Synapse 19 as my personal item and it will also serve as a "3 day bag" for excursions. I was going to bring a non-TB roller bag for my carry-on, but I've been drooling over the A30. I just wonder if anyone has used both at the same time and if it was an issue that you couldn't backpack the A30 because of wearing the Synapse?

Any thoughts are appreciated!
    TIA!

Atlanta, GA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an A30, but here's a pic on TB's travel bag Instagram wall of someone wearing a Hero's Journey and S19. He seems pretty happy with his setup! Stick Out Tongue

I think the carrying comfort of wearing two backpacks at once will file squarely under "your mileage may vary", but remember the Aeronauts can be shouldered and hand carried as well.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I travel with my TriStar and S25, I just carry my S25 via the handle or hook my arms through the shoulder straps. This way I can carry the heavier bag on my back. There have been ways that I have hooked an absolute shoulder strap onto my S25 (be creative!) to make it a makeshift shoulder carry if I really needed it. But, I found the handle carry fine (especially with the newer more substantial handle.)

BTW - the A30 is FAAANNNNTTTAAASSSTTTIIICCCC!!! I use it now as my main carry-on.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    When I travel with my TriStar and S25, I just carry my S25 via the handle or hook my arms through the shoulder straps. This way I can carry the heavier bag on my back.
    I took an A30 and S19 to Ecuador for 2 weeks... stayed in 6 or so different locations, traveled by plane (carry on only), car, bus, and boat... When I was carrying for short distances, I carried the A30 by the Absolute strap or the handles and the S19 was on my back. For long carries, the A30 was on my back and I carried the S19 by the top loop or with one arm slung through both straps as @TPNL did.
    Was awkward sometimes, but no big deal and I moved a lot faster and 'smaller' than folks with roller bags + backpacks.
    FWIW, I'm 5' 4" female, reasonably strong, and I didn't have any issues with this.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all of the input! I'm *this* close to hitting the submit order button! Cool

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a thread where @Ilkyway and I tried to carry 2 backpacks - one on our backs and the other carried using a Shoulder Strap. Here is the thread:

Carrying 2 Backpacks

Here is a picture from that thread - S19 carried using a TB shoulder strap:

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    Here is a thread where @Ilkyway and I tried to carry 2 backpacks - one on our backs and the other carried using a Shoulder Strap. Here is the thread:

Carrying 2 Backpacks

Here is a picture from that thread - S19 carried using a TB shoulder strap:

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Mind. Blown.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SOOOO wish there was an easy way to do this with the Packing Cube Backpack.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be the downer in this thread, but I did the A30 and S19 combo once. Granted, it could have been a few pounds lighter, and I walked a lot and was dragging my girlfriend's roller, but it was a pain. I was wearing the S19 backpack style, and carried the A30 with the shoulder strap.

My favorite combo is the A30/A45 and DLBP or A45/Co-Pilot combo, where I put the Co-Pilot in the A45. I've had 0 problems with this setup and would highly recommend it.

Note: the A30 and S19 are fantastic on their own!
    Last edited by lumbie; 04-27-2018 at 01:45 AM.
    A30, A45, S19, S25, Co-Pilot, Smart Alec, Tristar