Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Tom Bihn pillow

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Bihn pillow

Does anyone have the Tom Bihn travel pillow?

Have you used it on a plane? And/or for ordinary sleeping in a hotel?

I'm considering it, because I'm very short, and most hotel or airBNB pillows are too fluffy for my apparently oddly-shaped neck. But having tried a half-dozen travel pillows, all of which failed me and were consigned to deep storage in my closet, I'm wary. I'd love to hear about your experience using it.

Is the fabric "crinkly" to the point that you can hear it when you're trying to fall asleep and you shift your head? This would be a deal-killer for me.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have it! It's awesome, perfectly fits my puff jacket. I haven't used it in hotels, mostly I use it for lumbar support on planes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not find the fabric crinkly, but you have to choose your stuffing layer well to make sure it conforms as you wish (and the inner layer could make noise if you use a swishy fabric).

While I don't use it for travel, a tiny pillow I have sometimes used for camping when I wanted a traditional pillow feel was this one: https://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/...ub_Pillow.html . I just discarded the tethering string.
    Or if you want plush, there is always this down travel pillow: Geoduck Down Travel Pillow Feathered Friends

The nice thing about the Tom Bihn pillow is that if you find the right stuffing layer, you could really customize it to suit your 'fluffiness' preferences.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 04-23-2018 at 06:39 PM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I impulse-purchased one during a debut, and it's in my "Always pack" kit now. I use it with puffy jackets and bulky sweaters, mostly. The fabric is not noticeably crinkly to my ear.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't own one (yet ) but I saw on a backpacking video that a guy used a buff with his blow-up pillow to make it more comfortable. I bet you could do the same with the travel pillow. Once you have fill in there, just pull a buff around it. I bet it would be very soft and maybe hold everything in place too.

If you get one, add pictures.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this idea - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sujo View Post
    I don't own one (yet ) but I saw on a backpacking video that a guy used a buff with his blow-up pillow to make it more comfortable. I bet you could do the same with the travel pillow. Once you have fill in there, just pull a buff around it. I bet it would be very soft and maybe hold everything in place too.

If you get one, add pictures.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I do not find the fabric crinkly, but you have to choose your stuffing layer well to make sure it conforms as you wish (and the inner layer could make noise if you use a swishy fabric).

The nice thing about the Tom Bihn pillow is that if you find the right stuffing layer, you could really customize it to suit your 'fluffiness' preferences.
    Agree with you... it's not crinkly so much as slippery and is dependent on what you stuff into it. I travel with a fleece, not a puffy vest/coat, so it's much flatter/harder than a regular pillow would be.
    For me it works great for a lumbar support if I don't bring my normal one: https://www.amazon.com/Original-McKe...ow%2Broll&th=1)

Or to fill the gap before your main pillow, if you have a window seat and are leaning into the plane wall... I bring this small neck pillow: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G8SBF6...v_ov_lig_dp_it

It's so small, it's easy to always leave with my travel stuff.