Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cat pee and the SE - how do I get the smell out?

My cats rarely express interest in my TB bags, but last weekend my new-ish deep blue SE was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it steeped in cat pee. For two days. (Our poor kitty is very sick, so tending to him has taken precedent over washing my bag and its contents.) It's now sitting in a sink, waiting to be washed, but I'm kind of at a loss.

I was thinking of letting it soak in a bath of vinegar water for a day and then washing with mild detergent, but I'm guessing that's not going to cut it. Does my SE even stand a chance? Has anyone ever fought this battle and won? Or should I throw it out and cut my losses? (I don't want to give up THAT easily, but I'm pretty easily grossed out and the idea of even a speck of urine residue remaining on my bag is just too gross for me.)
    kindness is contagious.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check this out, there's a section on how to clean...

https://www.petmd.com/cat/care/evr_c...-cat-pee-smell

Forum Member
    Twin Cities, MN, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh thatís rough. cat pee and the SE - how do I get the smell out? Poor you and poor kitty. Our cat randomly peed on our carpet cat pee and the SE - how do I get the smell out? and the only thing that got the smell out was natureís miracle. Good luck!!!

Nature's Miracle Cat Urine Destroyer Pour, 32 fl. oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072Q126DN..._4.k4AbBASVCJX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dog hiked his leg on Briggs & Riley. I wiped it off and then wiped it again with a damp cloth. I then used several applications of a product called Furry Freshness to remove the smell. Worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so sorry to hear your kitty is sick!

We've heard from folks that MiraZyme works on cat pee but this is a good opportunity to really put it to the test! If you're up for it, send us a note to emailus@tombihn.com and we can send you a bottle. Let us know how it works so we'll know whether we can confidently recommend it in the future

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar situation - nature's miracle worked when nothing else would. I added 32oz to water in the bathtub, let it soak, and then let it air dry. No smell anymore.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Raleigh, NC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for natures miracle.

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used a product called odo-ban (sometimes also called odor-ban) it's meant for ostomy bags, so it's definitely up to the task. It's kind of pricey though and it has a smell of it's own.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mirazyme does work for this sort of issue, the one time I had to test that... :/ Just soak in a Mirazyme and water solution per the directions and let it dry without rinsing. I think I may have let the item soak for an extended time to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 04-25-2018 at 07:02 PM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Austin, TX
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you still have any lingering odor you can try spraying it with vodka put into a spray bottle. Or soak in vodka if it's really bad, then rinse.

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the tips! I'm going to try the Mirazyme that TB has so graciously mailed out to me and report back on its effectiveness. If it doesn't work, I'll definitely give these other tips a try!
    kindness is contagious.

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I tried the MiraZyme twice, but sadly my SE still reeks. Iím grateful to the TB crew for letting me give it a go, though. It was probably a long shot from the get go since it soaked in urine for a couple days. But now that itís been two weeks since the incident and the urine is still set in, Iím afraid that the bag is a goner. Such a shame for such a good bag! And with all the money we put into kittyís vet care, itíll probably be awhile before I replace it...

If anyone has tried any of the other methods above on very set-in stains, let me know? Iím going out of town this week for work but might try another route.
    Last edited by bermudajes; 05-05-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t tried it on fabric but I have used Nature’s Miracle on cat pee that somehow got under the litter box and soaked into the grout on a tile floor and it really helped. It was in a red spray bottle and may have been the Extra Strength or the Extreme version. I use it all the time
    now for cleaning the bathroom we keep the litter box in and it’s made a world of difference!

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Natureís Miracle does seem to be the crowd favorite and not terribly pricey, so Iíll give that a shot next week before giving up!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Napalm. It's the only way to be sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast