Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red Blend?

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Blend?

Just got delivery of a red blend clear organiser wallet/pouch? Which I intended to use for a first aid kit instead of a purple one that Im using at the moment.
    However, its a different colour to what I was expecting, the size is good, but the colour is just a bit deep and not enough red for me.
    Obviously, its just my idea of what a first aid red should be, anyone else ordered red blend and it was a different shade to expected.
    I tried to find a post about COW for this, think it was by Christina, but cant find it..and now going to work!, so running out of time.
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Forum Member
    RDU Northern Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Red Blend in a Snake Charmer and it is what I see as a nice Burgundy color, like dark red cars.

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that, I was hoping it would be a brighter type red..I'm guessing that red blend is the brightest type red in the material that the COW/pouch is available in?.. I wanted a pouch that had a clear side, so I could see the contents...
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

York, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought - is mars red, more ' red' than red blend?. could anyone post a piccy of both colours please?

Jaffa

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can post a picture later, but Mars Red is (to my eye) definitely more orangey-red and Red Blend is more crimson/dark red. I like them both (and I'm more of a cool-color person to begin with, for what it's worth).

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Just got delivery of a red blend clear organiser wallet/pouch? Which I intended to use for a first aid kit instead of a purple one that Im using at the moment.
    However, its a different colour to what I was expecting, the size is good, but the colour is just a bit deep and not enough red for me.
    Obviously, its just my idea of what a first aid red should be, anyone else ordered red blend and it was a different shade to expected.
    I tried to find a post about COW for this, think it was by Christina, but cant find it..and now going to work!, so running out of time.
    Jaffa
    I remember the post you mean where we were talking about first aid kits, but I use a Small Halcyon OP in Iberian for this, not a COW. I am keeping my eye out on ebay for a clear Halcyon OP in Iberian for this purpose so it can be red AND I can see the contents.

Maybe pretty soon we will start getting OPs in the new Ballistic and there will be clear Mars Red OPs. One can only hope.

I do wish there were "first aid red" OPs available. I know so many of us keep mini FAKs in our bags.

Forum Member
    RDU Northern Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn’t it be nice if we could actually pick the colors we want for accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I am looking for a pouch in a specific color, I generally call, and the TB Crew is always very helpful and will comb through the bins and tell me what's available. Or if it's after hours, then I will email, and early the next morning, I always have a reply to my inquiry. Early on in my TB ordering, I would order and cross my fingers that I would receive a pouch in a color I wanted. Now I always check in advance and will wait until a color is available before I order. When I was in search of a small halcyon double organizer pouch, specifically looking for Iberian to use as a FAK, I called and lo and behold, there was one available.

And I too look forward to when pouches will be available in the new ballistic colors. Last month Kat told me they were waiting for more scraps to become available before accessories would be made. Let's hope that is soon.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by franzdom View Post
    Wouldn’t it be nice if we could actually pick the colors we want for accessories
    For many of the accessories you can request a color, or at least specify a color you don't want. A number of the accessories are made from leftover material scraps from other bags, so they may not have the color you want.

Personally I appreciate that they're trying to limit fabric waste and come up with something useful.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    And I too look forward to when pouches will be available in the new ballistic colors. Last month Kat told me they were waiting for more scraps to become available before accessories would be made. Let's hope that is soon.
    I talked to Kat earlier this week when I ordered and none of the new colour scraps were available for accessories yet...

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take back what I said about Mars Red. I just got my Mars Red Cubelet. It's rust-colored! Hardly red at all in the daylight. This one might go for a swap.

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I take back what I said about Mars Red. I just got my Mars Red Cubelet. It's rust-colored! Hardly red at all in the daylight. This one might go for a swap.

Mars Red was much deeper and more complex than I expected too... more of a warm orangey rust. I love this color although it definitely is not what I would call “red.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Mars Red was much deeper and more complex than I expected too... more of a warm orangey rust. I love this color although it definitely is not what I would call “red.”

Hmm.. that photo looks much redder on my phone. I think I will grab my Pantone color book later and actually color match this. Here it is scanned with my new Nix Mini:

Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the Pantone geekiness!

I really like Mars Red...to me its a deep cranberry red. I think it goes especially well with Canyon, reminds me of fall colours in New England.

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The scan color photo you posted looks like red blend to me, and not at all like Mars Red.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast