Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PCSB in side pocket of Aeronaut 30?

Can the PCSB fit inside the side pocket of the Aeronaut 30L? If so, how tight it the fit?

Thanks for you help.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLondon View Post
    Can the PCSB fit inside the side pocket of the Aeronaut 30L? If so, how tight it the fit?

Thanks for you help.
    The Side Kick doesn't even fit in the A30 end pockets, so the PCSB definitely won't, but the PCSB does fit in the end pockets of the Medium Road Duffle, if that's the sort of space you need.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Would both the Side Kick and Side Effect would fit in the end pocket of the Aeronaut 30L?

Michigan, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just so happen to be packing for a trip using my A30 and, among other accessories, a PCSB.

It fits if it's underfilled a bit, as you can see here (packing cube is in Island). But you won't likely have room for anything else - maybe something thin and flat that can sit alongside the front or back of the PCSB? I typically use the PCSB in the main compartment, if I use it with this bag at all.

PCSB in side pocket of Aeronaut 30?-pcsb1-jpg
    kindness is contagious.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLondon View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Would both the Side Kick and Side Effect would fit in the end pocket of the Aeronaut 30L?
    The Side Effect should. It's the height that is the problem with the Side Kick. The PCSB is floppier so if you were determined you could just dramatically underfill it but it's much taller than the pocket. If you look up the dimensions for the A30 End Pocket Packing Cube, you should get an idea of what will fit.

https://www.tombihn.com/products/aet...nt=18040959879

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PCSB in side pocket of Aeronaut 30?

You could but I think itís a waste of space. I stick a pair of shoes and a toiletry kit in the side pocket along with a Qkit with tech cables. I use the PCSBs in the main compartment. Three packed full fit just fine.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRD View Post
    You could but I think itís a waste of space. I stick a pair of shoes and a toiletry kit in the side pocket along with a Qkit with tech cables. I use the PCSBs in the main compartment. Three packed full fit just fine.
    Is that an A30? I don't understand how PCSBs are fitting in there fully packed since PCSBs are taller than the A30 pockets.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Is that an A30? I don't understand how PCSBs are fitting in there fully packed since PCSBs are taller than the A30 pockets.
    Itís definitely an A30, I donít own an A45.
    My first love was the PCSB and I never switched so Iíve never had an A30 packing cube to compare.

This is a fully loaded A30. I packed it full with 5 PCSBs as an example. I could still add things in the outside small zipper pockets and I could easily lay my ipad pro flat on top of the cubes in the main compartment and zip it shut. I do have to squish the tops down a little bit before I zip the two sides closed but not by much.

This thing holds a ton, even the ballistic version. Basically would be way too heavy for me to carry. And yes I still have other PCSBs in other colors not pictured here. lol.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the A30 pockets are surprisingly deep once you jam stuff in there.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRD View Post
    Also, the A30 pockets are surprisingly deep once you jam stuff in there.
    Wow, thanks. I'm still flabbergasted that they fit because so many people bemoan a Side Kick not fitting in the end pockets and a PCSB is larger than a Side Kick.

Maybe stuffing them full makes them short enough to fit, since the Halcyon is so floppy and will conform to the contents, to a degree.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Wow, thanks. I'm still flabbergasted that they fit because so many people bemoan a Side Kick not fitting in the end pockets and a PCSB is larger than a Side Kick.

Maybe stuffing them full makes them short enough to fit, since the Halcyon is so floppy and will conform to the contents, to a degree.
    It honestly doesnít seem like itís going to fit but it does. It helps that these are all full of wrinkle free clothes and I can jam them as much as Iíd like.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I also use the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in the Aeronaut 30. For the end pockets, it helps if the PCSB is slightly under packed or the contents are squishable. Somehow the center section automatically activates the TARDIS feature that Tom Bihn bags are famous for, because I can stuff PCSBs full and they fit fine.

I prefer using the PCSBs because they come in more colors than the packing cubes designed for each bag. It makes color coding so much easier. elisa