Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small EDC Bag for 13" Macbook

Currently I've got a Solo Hybrid Briefcase and while it's a solid bag, it's a bit too big and leaves a lot of empty space in the bag.

Normally I've got:

* 13" Macbook
    * Nintendo Switch (case size: 10" x 5" x 1.5")
    * 3DS (case size: 7" x 4.5" x 1.5")
    * 9.7" iPad
    * Macbook charger
    * misc. (pill bottle, screen cloths, lightning cable, earbuds)

I was looking at the Daylight Briefcase which looks like it would be about the right size but wanted to get a second opinion.

Thanks for any advice!

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @VampJoe,

Welcome to the forum! Smilie

Indeed, the Daylight Briefcase should nicely accommodate what you're describing, and depending on how much space the miscellaneous items you mention take up, even leave room for a light jacket in the back pocket.

It is the Daylight Briefcase that makes me want to stay with 13" or smaller laptop (currently using a 12" MacBook).

Other options to consider if you require a little more space, or something that will accommodate a beverage vessel inside the bag, are the Pilot and Stowaway.
    Last edited by maverick; 05-31-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    -m

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the past, this is what I have put in my DLBC and how it looks filled:

I agree with @Maverick - everything should fit good and be smaller than your current option. A Ristretto might also work too.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

around 53į
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DLBC is a workhorse and itíll fit all the things you listed. Iíve used the DLBC many times to haul around a 13 MacBook Pro, an HP Chromebook (larger footprint than the Mac), MacBook charger (Chromebook uses same charger), and various other small items needed throughout the day.

Youíll love the DLBC.

Using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure this question has been answered before, but a quick search turns up so many pages that I decided to ask it again. Will a standard iPad Air (which is roughly 7" x 9.5", fit in the front slanted zippered exterior pocket on the Daylight Briefcase?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
    I'm pretty sure this question has been answered before, but a quick search turns up so many pages that I decided to ask it again. Will a standard iPad Air (which is roughly 7" x 9.5", fit in the front slanted zippered exterior pocket on the Daylight Briefcase?
    I just tried with my ipad air 2 and it did not fit with smart cover/apple silicone back on my halcyon daylight briefcase because it was just a bit too wide to fit through the zipper. It fits fine in the zippered pocket on the other side with the cover/back case. The ipad did fit into the slanted zipper pocket without the cover/case on it -but I would not carry mine in that pocket without at least a cover on it.
    Last edited by spcanf; 06-11-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, spcanf; that's exactly what I needed to know. On relatively few occasions, I would carry both my Macbook 12 and my iPad Air in the Daylight Briefcase, and now I know that is possible. I have Apple's standard leather "Smart Cover" on my iPad, so now I know it won't fit into the front zippered pocket, but will go into the back zip pocket.