Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kindle Paperwhite vs Passport Pouch

I carry my Kindle Paperwhite in a dollar store neoprene sleeve. It's functional but sometimes I find myself wanting something more stylish. While it does provide some protection, it's primary function is as a dust cover.

There's not a cache that fits it and a medium padded OP is too big to fit in my Side Effect. Anyone have the new Passport Pouch AND a Paperwhite that could check the fit for me? I know it's too tall for the Velcro to close, but was just curious.

Thanks!

Theresa

Forum Member
    Woodbridge, VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I carry my Kindle Paperwhite in a dollar store neoprene sleeve. It's functional but sometimes I find myself wanting something more stylish. While it does provide some protection, it's primary function is as a dust cover.

There's not a cache that fits it and a medium padded OP is too big to fit in my Side Effect. Anyone have the new Passport Pouch AND a Paperwhite that could check the fit for me? I know it's too tall for the Velcro to close, but was just curious.

Thanks!

Theresa
    I have the new passport pouch, non RFID and the 3rd gen Paperwhite.

It fits snug, but not too tight (this actually surprised me - I did not think it would fit). You could maybe secure using a single gatekeeper clip on the fabric loops, instead of Velcro.

Shown with screen at 100% brightness, so you can see screen outline/position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pictures, they answer my questions perfectly. Most sleeves out there are so big that my Kindle slides back and forth. Since I use a small folding stand I don’t really want a book style cover. Bonus with the Passport Pouch, I can use it when I travel to France next Christmas!

Theresa

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

Just thought that I would add to this thread. I also tried the new Passport Pouch (non-RFTD) with a Kindle Voyager in an Origami case. The Voyager is slightly smaller and thinner than the Paperwhite, but the case makes it bigger than the bare Paperwhite. It just fits, but is snug (meaning snugger than the Paperwhite shown above, but it sits slightly very slightly lower in the pouch).

I'm curious, though, about the lining colors in use. At the time that @Walker started the Updated (2018) Passport Pouch (02-08-2018), Island Aether had not made its debut yet. (It was only with the Martch 14, 2018 announcement of new (laundry) packing cubes that Island Aether was announced). The April 4, 2018 colors update announced that Carbon Aether was being retired, and the April 25, 2018 TC now with Violet aether inside instead of Carbon thread, sparked by the announcement that same day that "Note: Travel Cubelets are now lined with Violet 120 Aether" introduced Violet Aether as a lining for the Travel Cubelet.

I'm curious whether the (non RFTD) Passport pouches made earlier in 2018 us different colors for the Aether lining? Northwest Sky is shipping with Island Aether as the lining, as might be guesses from the pictures above. The lining shown in the pictures from the February 2018 thread on the (new 2018) Passport Pouches are Carbon Aether. Does anyone have a (non-RFTD) passport pouch purchased in 2018 with a different color lining? (e.g., Wasabi or Ultraviolet?)

moriond