Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which organizer pouch for small front synapse 19/25 pocket?

I was looking into getting an organizer pouch to hold my travel wallet (and keep it clipped to my bag) and wanted to put it in the Synapse small front pocket. I'm undecided on which synapse to keep, which is why my title lists both.

My travel wallet is a "big skinny taxicat" and it says the dimensions are: 4.7 x 0.2 x 3.1 inches. I'm guessing a small organizer pouch would work best, but will it fit in the small synapse front pocket?

Also, I'm a bit overwhelmed with the options for these pouches. Which one/material is best for my use? I'd mostly use it to keep my wallet, but if I can fit my passport or boarding passes in there as well, that'd be nice. The synapses I ordered are black ballistic/island, to get an idea of the color combo.

Also, do I need any of the extra stuff you can get with the pouch, keystrap or wrist strap? Thanks!

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a size small cordura pouch. It perfectly fits my passport, foreign currency and debit card. However, I leave that behind in the hotel/Airbnb when I walk around. I only take my credit card, some cash and a photocopy of my passport when out and about. Never have all you eggs in one basket. Walking around with your passport is the quickest way to get it stolen.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    I use a size small cordura pouch. It perfectly fits my passport, foreign currency and debit card. However, I leave that behind in the hotel/Airbnb when I walk around. I only take my credit card, some cash and a photocopy of my passport when out and about. Never have all you eggs in one basket. Walking around with your passport is the quickest way to get it stolen.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Thanks! When I traveled abroad I wanted to leave my passport locked in the villa we stayed in. My travel friends were like "omg no that's like your driver's license here, you take it everywhere!" I took it, and it actually turned out we needed it to stay in a hotel. I kept it buried deep in my bag, and had my wallet in a separate place, but I still didn't like having it on me. For airport security purposes, I would want to keep wallet and passport together since you sometimes need to show both drivers license and passport.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I keep my passport, a small reserve of cash, and my debit card in a money belt under my pants. Sure, a passport in a pocket can be stolen, but an Airbnb can be looted, too. Of course, I totally agree with redundancies, too. Some cash and photocopy of passport at lodging, some cash and credit card in pocket, and photocopies of legal documents in the cloud.
    Although, realistically, I'm not sure of the acceptability of photocopied docs, even in emergencies.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photocopies help to replace stolen docs, also take spare passport photos with you to help replacement.

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredlet View Post
    Photocopies help to replace stolen docs, also take spare passport photos with you to help replacement.

fredletsTravels
    #TeamUltraviolet
    In what way do they help? I've never had docs lost/stolen, so I'm unaware of the procedure.

Orange County, CA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which organizer pouch for small front synapse 19/25 pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    In what way do they help? I've never had docs lost/stolen, so I'm unaware of the procedure.
    If you lose your passport, a copy will help your embassy expedite a replacement.

Also be familiar with the country’s laws. Many foreign countries require foreigners to carry their original passport with them at all times (eg. Japan). Other countries require foreigners to surrender their passport at the hotel where they are staying (eg. UAE).
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    You’ll have the photocopy and photos ready to show to the embassy. Numbers and dates and a facsimile for them to work off of. Also I have a passport card with me to use in a lot of places.

fredletsTravels
    #TeamUltraviolet