Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Ordered my first TB bag (synapse 19)- pics please

Hi!

TB newbie here!

After envying my friends new Synapse 19 for over a month, I bit the bullet and ordered one as a new EDC as my faithful Kanken is getting very hard done by, and isn't quite bug enough now I cary breakfast and lunch to work everyday.

I ordered cloud grey with island blue halcyon inner. Im so excited for it to arrive Smilie, but hope the grey isn't too pale.

In the mean time, can people post pics of what they carry in their Synapse 19 to tide me over until mine arrives?

I'm already debating saving for a cafe bag and an aeronaut 30....... Stick Out TongueHeart Eyes

Happy to be here Smilie
    Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Manchester, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fellow TB newbie! Can't help with packing pics (have an S25), but don't worry about Cloud being too pale, it's quite a bit darker than what the pictures show. Looks very sleek and smart Smilie
    Current Carry: S25 (Cloud/Island)
    Wishlist: 3DOC (NWS Halcyon), A45 Small Laundry Packing Cube(Wasabi), PCSB (NWS), S25 Internal Frame

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! I have a cloud cafe bag, and I'd definitely call it a medium shade of grey. It's very nice and versatile! Also island is such a nice color, I have it for the inside of my black halcyon S25. I think the Cloud/Island combo will be really great!

I didn't take any pictures, but I used the S19 as my one bag for a trip overseas earlier this year. It holds so much stuff and is very easy to work with. The pocket layout gives you a lot of options to set it up in the most useful way for yourself. Personally I put a small water bottle in the side pocket instead of the center pocket, because it just made it easier to access. That bottom pocket though Heart Eyes Heart Eyes

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GUYS my TB bag arrives at my UPS point on FRIDAY Smilie Smilie I've never been so excited to pay an UPS import tax invoice before hahahahaha
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmTheEmu View Post
    Fellow TB newbie! Can't help with packing pics (have an S25), but don't worry about Cloud being too pale, it's quite a bit darker than what the pictures show. Looks very sleek and smart Smilie
    OMG realised that my bag will be the 19 version of yours Smilie Maybe we should try organise a UK TB meet up group, there must be more than 2 of us LOL

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having trouble uploading my picture, however it arrived today and I am IN LOVE <3

The grey is lovely, and Id heard about the quality and robust-ness... but WOW

Manchester, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy_belle88 View Post
    OMG realised that my bag will be the 19 version of yours Smilie Maybe we should try organise a UK TB meet up group, there must be more than 2 of us LOL
    Hehe, I'm still very new to the whole TB appreciation, maybe when I have a few more bits and have given my bag a proper test Smilie waiting on more colours (and more money) for the A45 laundry packing cubes, don't think Wasabi or Violet will match well with Island
    Wishlist: 3DOC (NWS Halcyon), A45 Small Laundry Packing Cube(Wasabi), PCSB (NWS), S25 Internal Frame

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy_belle88 View Post
    Having trouble uploading my picture, however it arrived today and I am IN LOVE <3

The grey is lovely, and Id heard about the quality and robust-ness... but WOW
    How does it feel? You may have had a few days to try out? Hope you like it! I have a synapse 19 too - amazing bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmTheEmu View Post
    waiting on more colours (and more money) for the A45 laundry packing cubes, don't think Wasabi or Violet will match well with Island
    Not to enable or anything, but the colours might go better together than you think Smilie

Clockwise from top: violet aether; wasabi aether (def more dull greenish yellow than this pic); carbon aether (discontinued); island aether with island halcyon in the middle

Between the change in fabric and the lack of white lines (vs halcyon), the appearance (to my eyes) of the aethers vs the halcyons is different but very complimentary...

HTH

Ordered my first TB bag (synapse 19)- pics please-img_20180802_065157-1-jpg

Manchester, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooooh, thanks for the pic! They both look much better there... 2 of the small LPCs and an internal frame (maybe a small Snake Charmer too) would make for a pretty perfect setup for me. Hurry up payday Scrunch Face
    Last edited by EmTheEmu; 08-02-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSS View Post
    How does it feel? You may have had a few days to try out? Hope you like it! I have a synapse 19 too - amazing bag.
    So far I like it! Straps are quite stiff. I’m going to Kraków for 5 days and taking it as my day bag so will get a good test run Ordered my first TB bag (synapse 19)- pics please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk