Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    228
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Anyone Ever Accidentally Order Multiples of Something?

    I had a big purchase of smaller items planned and kept adding/removing stuff from my cart. Once I finally decided on what I wanted, I pressed the order button and patiently waited the week for its arrival.

    I just got the box today and was reviewing my invoice and noticed there was a circled "2" for one of the items (a travel cubelet). I checked the box and there were indeed 2. I checked back on my order, and there were 2 on the order page.

    I think what had happened was that I had one in my cart and I decided to add a handle loop and when I did that, it added another.

    My only recourse is to eat the $10 charge to return it, I'm guessing. I'm so frustrated that I didn't catch it when I was placing my order. I was just looking at the items, not the quantity.

    Anyone else ever do this?

  2. #2
    Forum Member melminimalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Share
    Alabama
    Posts
    503
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, especially when adding straps or framesheets and such. I just did a swap out with someone for something else I needed, or ate the $10 return fee. Is there anyone you can give it to as a gift?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

  3. #3
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,637
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post
    I had a big purchase of smaller items planned and kept adding/removing stuff from my cart. Once I finally decided on what I wanted, I pressed the order button and patiently waited the week for its arrival.

    I just got the box today and was reviewing my invoice and noticed there was a circled "2" for one of the items (a travel cubelet). I checked the box and there were indeed 2. I checked back on my order, and there were 2 on the order page.

    I think what had happened was that I had one in my cart and I decided to add a handle loop and when I did that, it added another.

    My only recourse is to eat the $10 charge to return it, I'm guessing. I'm so frustrated that I didn't catch it when I was placing my order. I was just looking at the items, not the quantity.

    Anyone else ever do this?
    That's a bummer... Just a suggestion... since it's a $40 TC with a $10 return fee... perhaps it might be suitable for a gift for someone in your life or (eventually) something you could swap if you're a registered member on this Forum with access to the swap thread... then it may be $10 or so in shipping, but you get something different in return.

    Also, the return window is 60 days I believe... so if you think you'll have another order within that time, order something you've always wanted to a look at and return (if necessary) both it and the TC at the same time (though check with TB first, but I would think that you should be able to do that) and at least amortize the sting...

    Totally understand though that a random $40 expense is not what you were looking for.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    228
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...this actually might be ok. I had ordered a laundry stuff sack as well, but I'm not a huge fan of it after trying it out. The drawstring seems to close on the side so the bag doesn't fully close after it's pulled shut. I was hoping it would close in the center.

    So that might be going back and the extra cubelet can go with it.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    228
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    That's a bummer... Just a suggestion... since it's a $40 TC with a $10 return fee... perhaps it might be suitable for a gift for someone in your life or (eventually) something you could swap if you're a registered member on this Forum with access to the swap thread... then it may be $10 or so in shipping, but you get something different in return.

    Also, the return window is 60 days I believe... so if you think you'll have another order within that time, order something you've always wanted to a look at and return (if necessary) both it and the TC at the same time (though check with TB first, but I would think that you should be able to do that) and at least amortize the sting...

    Totally understand though that a random $40 expense is not what you were looking for.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out the swap thread, but I think (I hope) I already ordered all the odds and ends that I was after.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    602
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thatís too bad that happened to you. If I know I am going to place an order, I will add things to the cart a couple of days in advance so I donít forget something. At times I have mistakenly added an item that is already in the cart. So in order to avoid that happening, I have the total of what the items should be, and if itís off, then I know I need to double-check the cart. Also, immediately after Iíve placed the order, I check my invoice to make sure that everything looks good. Next order if you see a mistake on your invoice, you can always call TB customer service and they can make an adjustment. They are always so very helpful.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    228
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Thatís too bad that happened to you. If I know I am going to place an order, I will add things to the cart a couple of days in advance so I donít forget something. At times I have mistakenly added an item that is already in the cart. So in order to avoid that happening, I have the total of what the items should be, and if itís off, then I know I need to double-check the cart. Also, immediately after Iíve placed the order, I check my invoice to make sure that everything looks good. Next order if you see a mistake on your invoice, you can always call TB customer service and they can make an adjustment. They are always so very helpful.
    Thanks! Unfortunately, their invoices look really weird on mobile email (squished table) so I didn't really look at it when they sent the confirmation email. I wish I had though, I would have called right away to fix it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Forum Member nukediver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Share
    NJ
    Posts
    741
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Define "accidentally"...... ;-)
    Eat well, travel often.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •