Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there o-rings in the FS19?

I recently purchased a FS for the S19 on ebay. Seems great - however, I thought it had O-rings on it. In photos of the 25 version, there's straps coming out. Are there any O-rings in the slip? Is there a reason I can't find mine, if so?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the S25 frame sheet, and it is just a frame sheet. There are no straps on it other than the one that is used to hold the sheet down on the little wings. Mine does not have o-rings on it either

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcumeda View Post
    I have the S25 frame sheet, and it is just a frame sheet. There are no straps on it other than the one that is used to hold the sheet down on the little wings. Mine does not have o-rings on it either
    I think FS is Freudian Slip, not Frame Sheet. It took me a bit to figure out what the abbreviation was, too.

The online photos of the Freudian Slip do not show any o-rings, but the S25 FS does show a key strap, which sort of implies there might be an o-ring in there, but I don't think there is one.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcumeda View Post
    I think FS is Freudian Slip, not Frame Sheet. It took me a bit to figure out what the abbreviation was, too.

The online photos of the Freudian Slip do not show any o-rings, but the S25 FS does show a key strap, which sort of implies there might be an o-ring in there, but I don't think there is one.

From the online description:

"Synapse 19 Freudian Slip
    10 organizational pockets, of which there are: two folder pockets (folders/papers fit vertically), three open-top pockets for small electronics or a notebook, two mesh pockets for bulky items, two pen slots, and a business card slot."

No mention of o-rings, and TB always mentions the number of o-rings if there are any.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the Freudian slip - sorry for the confusion. Thank you both for your response!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Freudian Slip for S25 has 4 o-rings, 2 in each zippered pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a super rubbish pic of two of the o-rings:

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MCB FS has an OR.

Orange County, CA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My one month old S19 FS does not have any O-rings.
    DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimikor View Post
    My one month old S19 FS does not have any O-rings.
    Thank you - that confirms the S19 one doesn’t have it! Thanks!

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have hacked my FS by threading a split ring onto the elastic on top of the pockets, going through the holes in the mesh. This is not going to be as robust as TB’s sewing, of course, but the stuff I attach to these “faux-rings” isn’t going to put any stress on them anyway - it’s just to keep my keys, earbuds, etc from getting lost accidentally.

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The S19 does not have any O-Rings.

It’s a real shame as every other sized one (as far as I know) has a zip pocket and O-Rings. These are the most used features in my Freudian slips so a shame the S19 sized one doesn’t have them.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)