1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMoonMoon View Post
    Ugg!!!! Now I'm tempted to get an olive SCB and a Mars Red TC....... I hadn't even looked at the TC until @G42 posted those lovely pictures. The olive and mars red seem like they could work with most outfits and go well with the steel A30 while not matching it. Maybe I should also add a dawn TC too........
    Sorry (not sorry) for being an enabler... definitely go for a variety of items, see them in person, and send back what doesn't work for you... just be warned that it's a major temptation...

I love the TC and the SK... btw, I use the same 16oz Nalgene bottles and it does fit in the TC...doesn't leave a ton of room, but when you want a smaller bag than the SK that your bottle can fit in upright, it's great.
    Last edited by G42; 08-09-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had to take a breather and remember that I have grad school starting up soon and so I can't spend a lot of money, but I did just call and ask for a bunch of color swatches to help me see the colors better and to tide me over for a little while.....

And you all are enablers, but loving and caring enablers

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, maybe I can just do a small order of just two TCs in Dawn and Mars Red. I really love the look of both of them, and I don't want to miss out on the dawn. I think I'm going to hold off on ordering the SCB because I don't know if I want that or a MCB and when I called about the color swatches, the person I talked to mentioned that there was at least one new color coming out (Nebulous) and possibly more....

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, maybe I can just do a small order of just two TCs in Dawn and Mars Red. I really love the look of both of them, and I don't want to miss out on the dawn. I think I'm going to hold off on ordering the SCB because I don't know if I want that or a MCB and when I called about the color swatches, the person I talked to mentioned that there was at least one new color coming out (Nebulous) and possibly more....
    The Dawn is definitely limited edition and going away (soonish) so if you want anything Dawn, Olive, original (white grid) black halcyon, or anything left with Canyon - get those before they're gone.
    Mars Red, as far as we know, is an ongoing colour - though TB changes up what colour combos are offered in the bags fairly often.

We were told that the newest colours happening now/soon are Aubergine in 525 ballistic, Island in 210 ballistic, and Nebulous in 525 ballistic - all are on the pre-order Truck page.

As much as I like TB, grad school is more important - so be strong!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both the Mars red and Dawn Travel Cubelet. Dawn is a surprisingly neutral bag (for me) as I find it goes well with a lot of different colors. I used it as both a packing cube and occasional purse on a recent trip. I have tried to use both the SCB and the Side Kick as my regular purse but found them to be too large and stiff in the ballistic material. I recently traded for a halcyon Side Kick and feel it may work very well. My favorite daily purse is a black ballistic Side Effect but then I like a smaller bag.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really too bad that the SK doesn't work for you. While purples are my overall favorite color, my olive (ballistic) SK goes with every color I could possibly wear. Have you considered the Swift or the PU? The PU's curved body does begin to conform to one's body. It might be larger for your uses, especially because of its organizational pockets, but they don't all have to be used. The Swift is one open compartment. I'm not fond of the vinyl pockets, but they are convenient if one wants to keep a few pens, lip balm, and even some cash to prevent having to dig out /expose your wallet. It can be further organized with the Makers Bag FS. If you like the messenger bag style, then consider the Makers Bag. All of these come in olive, which is a pretty color, not a drab, army olive. I wear all colors from red to pink to yellow to purple. I seldom wear black. About the only color olive clashes with is bright green. And frankly, I don't care. It goes with everything else!
    I recently got a SK in cloud balistic 525 and absolutely love it especially seeing that it turned out being much darker than what it shows online, but now I'm hooked on TB (of course). My big purchase is going to be an A30 in Steel/Wasabi when I can afford it and I want a personal bag to go with it, but still be able to fit inside it. While I love the SK, it kind of feels like its shaped like a large brick and from what I've heard, the cafe bags are better about forming to your body. I'm leaning toward the SCB, but I'm not sure what color to go with. I want something to go well with the A30 and for everyday, while still looking good no matter what color my clothes are that day. I usually carry a small 14oz nalgene, a small wallet, phone, kindle paperwhite, notebook, planner, keys, and a couple of extras like lotion, stick sunscreen, small measuring tape, ect. Would anyone be willing to post pictures of them wearing clothes that don't especially match with their SCB color?
    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2