Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Costa Rica
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maker's Bag versus DLBC

Does anyone out there have experience using the Maker's Bag in Halcyon as a marsupial bag inside an A45, Hero's Journey or similar? Or, do you have the Maker's bag in Halcyon and a DLBC and can offer some comparison as to travel and packability? (Marsupialness?)

In January, after much deliberation, I bought the Hero's Journey because the hip belt offered the support I needed to get the weight of an A45 off my arthritic shoulders. (Murphy's Law: a less expensive solution, in this case the A45 internal frame and hip belt, are available after the purchase is made and the return period ends.) I now find myself looking for a briefcase-like bag that will fit in the HJ, or my A45, to hold my laptop and papers for when I go to meetings upon arrival. I bought a DLBC a few years ago, but returned it because it seemed a little small for my needs. The Maker's Bag in Halcyon is just over two ounces more than the ballistic DLBC but has 50% more volume.

Apologies if this has been posted or answered before, but I haven't seen much on the marsupial question regarding the MB.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maker's Bag versus DLBC

Yes. The Makers Bag fits nicely in the A45. I have flattened mine for packing and then used it as a day bag once I arrive somewhere. Iíve also carried the black MB as a briefcase.

Also ó the MB is significantly larger than the DLBC. I own and like both. The DLBC is minimal. It holds a few things and is really light and small. The MB holds way more ó for example, work papers plus a thermos plus a hardback book plus an umbrella. Like you I bought the DLBC first, then I bought a MB so I could hold more. The difference is significant.
    Last edited by Fulton; 08-22-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Forum Member
    Costa Rica
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fulton. Many thanks for the comments, help and advice. For me the size of the DLBC was really a factor because once I arrive I need something semi-professional looking to haul papers, laptop, and often a small mirrorless camera if I am someplace new and exotic.

Thanks again.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cos someone had asked me for a comparison between DLBC and MB. Thought I'd share it here as well. A picture paints a thousand words. 5 pictures paint even more Maker's Bag versus DLBCMaker's Bag versus DLBCMaker's Bag versus DLBC That's a SE + SK.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot @Panda2Mama.
    Your photo are very helpful. Now is the question of which fabric and the waiting again, for the next pre-order to open.

@Fulton, I used a lot my DLBC over the years and still coming back to it because of its simplicity, minimalist and extremely light weight. Don't get me wrong, I was very eager to try other Bags like Stowaway (recently), others Messenger Tote and others like-Maker's Bag. Still, I couldn't break off from DLBC to this day. Nonetheless, just yesterday, somehow I am urging towards the Maker's Bag. I really pushing my current DLBC to the maximum of maximum in volume stretch. Hence, agreeing to you, the Maker's Bag has significance increase in volume at just few extra weight. Yup, it is better viable choice that the heavier Stowaway, and could be a different beast on its own.

Thanks to @Panda2Mama, I can see that a Maker's Bag is coming to my reality soon. Just waiting for others bag availability and hopefully, others others bag to align as well.

Sorry, not sure my post is helpful.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently got a Maker's Bag, moving up from a Medium Cafe Bag. I love the size of it. Enough to bring everything I want, but not huge or heavy. I don't have a DLBC, but I will say that I frequently don't use all the space the MB offers and it still looks great. It's very flexible in terms of carry. I am very happy with it!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphre View Post
    I recently got a Maker's Bag, moving up from a Medium Cafe Bag. I love the size of it. Enough to bring everything I want, but not huge or heavy. I don't have a DLBC, but I will say that I frequently don't use all the space the MB offers and it still looks great. It's very flexible in terms of carry. I am very happy with it!
    Is yours a halcyon or ballistic?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk