Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those matador bags are great. I got one for my soap and itís great. A little dry bag for your soap.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    I would recommend something like this instead:

matadorup.com/products/flatpak-soap-bar-case?variant=12135840874609
    Ok... that looks perfect for my Lush bar shampoo, and I love the other Matador things I have. I just wish that I'd seen your post earlier, because now I don't think this will arrive before I leave on my next trip.

ETA: buying it anyway, and found that flat brush @xnykid posted, too. Oh, how this forum enables!
    Last edited by kathryn; 08-31-2018 at 07:55 AM.
    "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.Ē ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Matador flatpack soap bag after the recommendation on here and then watching the videos. Received it yesterday after being gone on a road trip.

First impression. The material is thinner and more flexible than I expected, though looks durable. The material is thinner than TB 200d halcyon and maybe near aether (no personal experience on that material beyond seeing pictures and comments) The material lets some light through (35%?, hold it up to a outside window with indirect sunlight and you can distinguish straight lines of the window's borders). The snap on the closure seems large for the objective and antagonistic to the design for flat pak minimalist design. It is cordura material as listed in description and constructed with the "welding" instead of stitching. 9/10 received as expected and think it will work well.

Because free shipping at that site is over $20, I added one of their flatpack toiletry bottles to the order and their Welcome10 discount.. Innovative design. Was easier to fill than I expected. It fits sideways in TB 3DOC-clear. I am guessing it could fit 6 or 7 of these bottles in the 3-1-1 bag 3DCOC totaling 18-21oz of product. The best I could do with other bottles I purchased was 12oz of product max. Again, with their design, they made a slim, minimal design and then added an over sized snapping strap to hang it in a hook that is heavier than the bottle portion. Hopefully a 2.0 version printed the 3oz capacity like they have the logo embossed on the item and leave the strap optional IMO.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thread

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using the Matador soap flatpack for about three months. I like it. Takes up less space than a travel soap case. I've had no problem with leakage. Every now and then I give it a good washing to get rid of any soap residue and let it air dry.

If the outside gets wet, after sealing, just wipe it down with a towel.

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always used a ziplock sandwich bag for that.

I guess that's awful for the environment, though, even if I use it long-term.

Hm. They sell those waxed cotton sandwich wraps at Trader Joe's now...
    Happy owner of Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Hubby is getting a Tom Bihn gift for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely love the Matador products, both the flat pack and bottles. I’ve been using them for several months and I highly recommend them.
    My Tom Bihn Obsession: Western Flyer (black/steel); Aeronaut 30 (black/steel); Co-Pilot #1 (black/steel); Co-Pilot #2 (black Dyneema/wasabi);Pilot (black/ultraviolet); Night Flight #1 (black/steel); Night Flight #2 (black Dyneema/wasabi); many packing cubes; Side Effect #1 (black); Side Effect #2 (black Dyneema); passport holder (steel); wallet (steel); travel tray (ultraviolet); various key straps; various fabric cubes; various pouches; Q kit #1 (black); Q kit #2 (steel).

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about a dry washcloth, but hold it shut with a big fat broccoli rubber band? That way you have a multi-use "case."
    Happy owner of Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Hubby is getting a Tom Bihn gift for Christmas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2