Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aubergine/Island?

Am considering picking up an A30 in the near future.

I go with Steel/Island for most bags for work or a work/personal trip.

However I have an A45 in Navy/NWS for a splash of colour and would like another bold colour choice for the A30. I would unlikely ever use the Aeronauts for work so want to go bold on the colour options.

I’m not too impressed with the ‘in production’ colours (have my eye on the currently available Burnt Orange though). I did see that Aubergine/Island is upcoming.

Any thoughts on this colour scheme from anyone that has it in any bag?

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My A45 is Aubergine/Island, and I really like the combination. I use it mostly for personal but would use it for work if the situation merited -- I think the Aubergine is a nice compromise between the usual black standard and a really bright color that's going to catch more eyes. And I like purples in general.

Island is definitely my favorite of the current five Halcyon colors, so I'd like it with most colors - but I feel like it sets off the muted Aubergine very nicely. The pic on the website is a pretty good representation of it - I'd be happy to post an in-the-wild pic if that would be helpful (along with other colors, if you want, if I have them). But if the product page looks like something you'd like, maybe it's a good bet?

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear the webpage pic is representative. If there are any you have of it in the wild, I’d appreciate it thanks.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my Sidekick in Aubergine/Island. Sorry for the quality of the pics. It is a really nice colour combination. The aubergine is dark enough to be sober but non-black enough not to be boring. The island is bright enough to allow you to see inside.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes to all that cazique wrote.

I have the Aubergine/Island A45 too, and I think it's a fabulous combo. Conpletely agree about aubergine being a nice not black and not too attention grabbing color on the outside. And I love the island inside, the brightness of the blue just makes me happy when I open it.