Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Organizer Accessories for Daylight Briefcase

Hi there,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a DLBC. It'll be my first Tom Bihn bag! I'm looking forward to it.

Since it looks like there's a standard shipping fee. I was thinking it might be good to get some organizer accessories with the bag. But as I was looking at all the options and sizes, it seem like I was going down the rabbit hole. So I thought I'd try to ask for some suggestions in the forums.

I'll mostly be using the bag to carry an 10.5" iPad Pro, charger, few cables, a battery bank. I have 2 SD cards, 2-3 flash drives and a cleaning cloth that I currently keep in a Trader Joe's Espresso Pillows tin. I also carry a few pens with a steno notepad. Occasionally, I also plan to use the bag to carry a 13" MBP with charger and adapters (dongle life ).

What are some good organizers that works well with the DLBC? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The DLBC is fairly narrow, so you may want to try some Cubelets for your chargers, depending on just how many/how big they are.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the DLBC for my 13” MBP and 10.5” iPad Pro as well — it’s my everyday work bag and it’s a dream to travel with. It fits both computers nicely even with caches. You’ll love it. For organization I keep my notepad and a TB pencil case in the front slanted pocket. In the back pocket I keep a large Q-Kit with AirPods, iPad Charger/cable, etc. And then I have a small organizer pouch with a cable/backup SSD in it as well.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket79 View Post
    I have the DLBC for my 13” MBP and 10.5” iPad Pro as well — it’s my everyday work bag and it’s a dream to travel with. It fits both computers nicely even with caches. You’ll love it. For organization I keep my notepad and a TB pencil case in the front slanted pocket. In the back pocket I keep a large Q-Kit with AirPods, iPad Charger/cable, etc. And then I have a small organizer pouch with a cable/backup SSD in it as well.
    If you have a moment, please post of photo of that pack out - I'd like to see how much the q-kit makes the pocket bulge out
    Cheers!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this reply! I’ll post a few pics today.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got a DLBC Cloud/Dawn almost 1 month ago. I had similar curiosities with organizers so here are a few things I learned:

The front slash pocket fits a medium OP (you may need to tuck the clip into zipper if that is the direction of insertion)

The front horizontal pocket is divided in half with stitching. Surprisingly, if the main compartment is not full and the slash pocket is not full, a full 3DOC with fit in each pocket (it will encroach into the main compartment space). I seen a pic on the forum and confirm IRL that it works. I like 3DOC's for their versatility.

The front horizontal pocket will fit a full cubelet on each side of stitching.

The front horizontal pocket divided by stitching may not hold a small OP on each side of stitching. I had a small OP that I returned because it would not fit well in the side pockets of my S25. A 3DOC and cubelet can fit in those pockets so my guess is probably not fit there. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I would like to know.

The back full width pocket with easily fit a medium OP. It will also fit an 8 1/2x11" small stack of papers if tucked under the zipper before closing.

The main compartment, absent any files or computer, can fit a packed PCSB vertically with possibly of 2 PCSB slightly less than full (I can not confirm as I only have 1 PCSB, but appears doable).

The main compartment can fit a Large OP full of a large stack of 8 1/2 x 11 papers so long as the OP corners are slightly bent into the compartment. The dimensions in product pages would not match up, but once filled the exterior shrinks as the thickness expands. Dimensions are fluid with fabric constructed bags.

The main compartment can fit hanging file folders with manila folders inside the main compartment and zipper closes fine. This is helpful if hanging files are part of your office organization.

The main compartment also hold a standard size clipboard.

After one month of having this bag and concern before buying this bag, I wish it had a pen loop. We still live in a paper filled world and DLBC has pockets that can hold a pen, but not one with quick access. I had seen forum pictures of a Freudian slip in back pocket, but unable to close. And in this thread someone mentioned a pencil case which can work, but it is a open a pocket zipper, to open an OP zipper for the pen. Maybe someone has a pen solution I am unaware of.

Bottom line, I think you will find the DLBC to be simple and effective with its minimalist design that can fit more than expected.

Bonus info- A DLBC will fit horizontally in the bottom of S25 main compartment with perfect amount or room for a PCSB to fit on top and the zipper closes without problem.