Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truck or original shop bag?

Can anyone who has both the Truck and original LSB compare the two, particularly in capacity? The dimensions have been mentioned (both in their respective pages and at this page.) How does the comparison change if the large shop bag is turned inside out, creating exterior pockets? How do the interior pockets of the truck affect what you pack in it, vis-a-vis an original small shop bag?

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only answer part of your questions. I wouldn't say that the Truck has pockets, I would call them dividers. As such, you can put a lot more in a section that you could in a shop bag's pockets. Think of the Truck more as 3 small tote bags sewn together.
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the difference between the two has to do with the fabric as much as the organization.

The LSB weighs almost nothing and is very packable.

It can be carried inside out, if you want bottles on the outside.

It is a perfect marsupial bag holding loads of pouches and small bags used to organize the interior, like joeys (baby kangourous) of different size inside their mother's pouch. It even holds a SCB if one bag is an absolute must.

It can also be folded to become small and fit perfectly in the back pocket of the DLBP, S19, S25, even a lightly packed SK, SCB, MCB or DLBC.

Because of the EDC Ballistic fabric, the Truck will holds it shape by itself, looking like a 3 compartment https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16395082183

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the difference between the two has to do with the fabric as much as the organization.

The LSB weighs almost nothing and is very packable.

It can be carried inside out, if you want bottles on the outside.

It is a perfect marsupial bag holding loads of pouches and small bags used to organize the interior, like joeys (baby kangourous) of different size inside their mother's pouch. It even holds a SCB if one bag is an absolute must.

It can also be folded to become small and fit perfectly in the back pocket of the DLBP, S19, S25, even a lightly packed SK, SCB, MCB or DLBC.

Because of the EDC Ballistic fabric, the Truck will holds it shape by itself, looking like a 3 compartment Movable Feast

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16395082183

The Movable Feast was made of Travel 1050 Ballistic and had lots of pockets and organization.

People wished that it had longer grab handles and be lighter, it could only be created after EDC Ballistic, the lighter Ballistic used for the EDC TB Bag was introduced.

It looks like it will be like 3 grocery bags side by side, the shape of the plastic ones with the capacity of the paper ones. But, of course much, much better.

I plan to use one for transporting clean laundry, bulky item, from one room to another.

It would be a perfect swimming lessons/team/fitness class bag: one compartment for towels/swim suits after they get wet, one for dry clothes and one holding a small EDC like the SK, SE, TC.

I also think that it could be perfect for picnics, and of course shopping one compartment for veggies, one for fruits, one for chips/crakers/even big boxes of cookies or chocolat.

I usually get a used wine bottle box at the store for anything in glass containers.

I have a bag retired from luggage duty after I discovered TB Bags, which holds canned items.

It is a wonderful addition to TB line, but, if you need your shopping bag to be very light and packable get the Original Large Shop Bag, if you leave in a place where your groceries will get soaked by rain, hail or snow the majority of the year or half of it, get the Zippered Large Shop Bag.

Disclamer: I do not have a Zippered Large Shop Bag, nor a Trunk, yet.
    Last edited by backpack; 09-01-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just received mine and immediately left on a trip with a large zip top shop bag... haven't had a chance to use my Truck yet. The zip top shop bags are just that - basically the old shop bags with some extra material at the top so that when you zip them closed you maintain volume...
    I'll try the Truck in various situations but my first reason for buying it was to keep in my car to organize all that random stuff that lives in cars...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...