Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet another WF vs A30 vs ???? question

Hi!

I'm looking for a bag that will usually be used in combination with a small roller suitcase (clothes/toiletries/etc. in the suitcase). The new bag should be able to carry:

- my electronics (13" laptop) and chargers/cables; possibly also a tablet at some point
    - small camera case (think slightly bigger than pocket-sized all the way to small mirrorless with a couple of compact lenses)
    - 1-2 days worth of clothing for overnights (suitcase left at hotel)
    - and the miscellaneous junk I tend pick up on a trip. This will quite frequently include some bulky/fragile items like a couple of wine bottles.

The bag should also be able to serve on its own for a 3-4 day trip, packed lightly, all while ideally meeting international carry on sizing.

It need not serve as my EDC (I have a Checkpoint Flyer for that, which will not be taken on the trip). The Checkpoint Flyer is great but it cannot hold the volume of junk (camera/wine/etc.) that I need . . . well, want to carry. I like the WF form factor (lots of pockets, better form-factor for computer), but am concerned that same structure makes it less suitable for cameras/wine than the A30, or perhaps totally unsuitable.

Thoughts? Are there other options that should be considered?

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet another WF vs A30 vs ???? question

Iíll start by saying the WF is a nice bag. It really is. But I donít think itíll suit your needs here as itís a flat pack bag. And I imagine your camera gear is rather not flat.

Your problem is your laptop. Ofcourse you can throw a laptop into the A30 but it not really designed for it. If youíre happy to carry a laptop in a not designed way then Iíd also consider the yeoman small duffle. Cheaper than the A30 and can basically do the same thing. If youíre happy to shoulder carry that is. Might get a bit heavy but thatís your call. Just keep in mind the yeoman has no organisation so youíd be best to pack everything into packing cubes and stuff sacks so if you donít have that stuff already then thereís that added cost (which quickly adds up) but you may have needed it for an A30 anyway.

Maybe a good option for you would be a brain bag or synapse?

If Iíve misunderstood your camera needs and itís just a small point and shoot camera, then yes the WF would be great I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had both the WF and the A30. I loved the WF but for your needs with the camera gear it won't really work. I am a bit of an amateur photographer and have carried and tried lots of gear. You will definitely get more into the A30. Mind me asking what camera gear are you using?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    I have had both the WF and the A30. I loved the WF but for your needs with the camera gear it won't really work. I am a bit of an amateur photographer and have carried and tried lots of gear. You will definitely get more into the A30. Mind me asking what camera gear are you using?
    Here is a concept bag where they are togather as one:

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post155085