Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What colors are a possability? (For me its a BrainBag, but in general)

I hate posting a new thread, being new. But I searched and searched first.

I fully understand that Tom Bihn can't/won't keep all the bags in all the colors in stock at all times. And I'm cool with waiting. I'm just wondering if there's a way of knowing what's on the table, in terms of potential color combos.

I'll use my situation as an example. I want a BrainBag, but I'm a bit indifferent towards The 525 Black, Dark Blue or Cloud. But when searching Google Images, I see many colors that call out to me. Examples might be Burnt Orange, Olive, or French Blue. And there's new colors that might be cool too like Nebulous Grey and Aubergine. Now maybe my search skills are poor, but I'm not seeing anything anywhere saying that these colors will be introduced to the BrainBag or made again.

I'm totally cool waiting for something knowing it will happen. I just don't want to wait for nothing, then have nothing for my patience...

I can't be the only person that wanted to know if a color combo is being planned, just not executed yet.

I hope the more experienced members or staff can chime in.

Thanks

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a few chats with customer service, the general theme I've seen is that the color/model schedule isn't finalized until relatively close to actual production, which makes prediction somewhat difficult. The customer service team is very helpful, though, and they would be my prime resource. Another trick is to check prior production trends, which can be viewed in the "new bags ready to order" thread

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    But when searching Google Images, I see many colors that call out to me. Examples might be Burnt Orange, Olive, or French Blue. And there's new colors that might be cool too like Nebulous Grey and Aubergine.
    Sometimes colors are specific to types of fabric. The BB, over the couple decades it's been in production, has previously been made in cordura, parapack and most recently 525 denier ballistic nylon so that's likely how an image search generated a range of colors not currently available. Your best bet would be to email customer service.

Here's a link to a thread about colors and fabrics though it's no longer updated:

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...list-news.html

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    From a few chats with customer service, the general theme I've seen is that the color/model schedule isn't finalized until relatively close to actual production, which makes prediction somewhat difficult. The customer service team is very helpful, though, and they would be my prime resource. Another trick is to check prior production trends, which can be viewed in the "new bags ready to order" thread
    Quote Originally Posted by threeteez View Post
    Sometimes colors are specific to types of fabric. The BB, over the couple decades it's been in production, has previously been made in cordura, parapack and most recently 525 denier ballistic nylon so that's likely how an image search generated a range of colors not currently available. Your best bet would be to email customer service.

Here's a link to a thread about colors and fabrics though it's no longer updated:

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...list-news.html
    Thanks for your replies. I checked "new bags" thread and now I know of 2 more colors I like more then what's available...

I guess I should email customer service on Monday.

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    I checked "new bags" thread and now I know of 2 more colors I like more then what's available...
    Yep. welcome to the world of waiting :\

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matthew emailed me back and updated me on next run colors. So, lesson learned. Customer service will give you "for sure" colors that are coming...

If anyone was curious Aubergine/Island and Nebulous/Cloud are coming to the BrainBag.