Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the Truck function as work/EDC tote?

For those of you that have the Truck, will it work as a work tote/edc bag? I have an old Kipling tote that I carry several thick letter size files, planner, a couple notebooks, IPad Air in a Belkin case, pens/pencils, Iphone, chargers and various other miscellaneous things. I use my TC to hold my COW, keys, altoids and a travel size tube of Advil. Id also like to stick my lunch bag and a water bottle in somewhere too. I tried the S25 and it is too large for my height. Thanks for your thoughts.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, it depends a lot on exactly what you want to carry with you... the Truck is fairly large and rectangular... if the S25 was too big, the Truck should be too big as well

I would try the Pop Tote and then a Zip Top Large Shop Bag or Original Large Shop Bag before The Truck based on what you describe.... since you're in the US, take advantage of the lower shipping cost - buy 'em all to test pack - and send back the ones that don't work
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Truck but I can't imagine carrying it comfortably every day. It's great for hauling things like groceries or gym gear, but the open top and handle placement would make it uncomfortable to tote everyday carry items. I would try a Pop Tote with a Medium Cafe Freudian Slip or something.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my truck too!
    If you're in a car driving to work I think the Truck would be fine, but if you're commuting on any sort of public transit, I would take Kieri's or G42's suggestions.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not want to commute with an open top bag. If the S25 was too large for you, the Truck is going to be enormous. Have you tried a Pilot? It has a place for the water bottle, the TC in the front, files in the back. Lunch in one of the other compartments or in the back.

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have a couple of LSB’s, but I was afraid things would be a bit jumbled together without the dividers the Truck has. I am definitely going to try it though! The Pilot is too briefcase-y for me so that’s out. And honestly, I was looking for an excuse to get a Dawn Truck ��