Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: PCSB's Future

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PCSB's Future

I noticed today the PCSB is only available in Island and states "only a few left" with the only other NWS as 'In Production'. IIRC 1-2 months back when I was checking it was the same 2 colors with the same 'Available/In Production' status.

Do you think PCSB will be getting retired?

Do you think we may see a sudden burst of fabric options/colors including ballistic? (I believe I may have seen mention of ballistic PCSB in the past)

Or do you think production is biding its time until there is a redesign that will debut in Black Friday roll-out?

If I had to guess I would venture to say this has been following this year's playbook for retiring something - 1st style Luminary, packing cubes, hero's journey, road duffels, smart alec, etc. Products that get some love in the forum and then disappear.

Optimistic they are just 'busy making other bags' and new colors that I want appear, but I've seen how some things go.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    Do you think PCSB will be getting retired?
    Hi @organicfarmer,

I absolutely do not think that the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is being slated for retirement anytime in the near future, given how popular and widely used these accessories are. But, if you want further reassurance, you can always direct your question to Customer Support.

I'd just point out that, as far as retiring accessories goes, the Yeoman Duffel and Night Flight Travel Duffel Packing Cubes were retired because a large fraction of people buying and using those bags did not choose to buy the designated packing cubes. (I personally think the YD Packing Cubes are more useful for general purpose than most people are aware of, but that's an individual opinion.). The Halcyon versions of Aeronaut, Tri-Star, and Western Flyer packing cubes were retired in favor of the new Aether versions. The Small Shop Bag was retired in favor of the Zip-Top version of the same accessory, etc.

HTH. YMMV,

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @organicfarmer,

I absolutely do not think that the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag is being slated for retirement anytime in the near future, given how popular and widely used ………
    Moriond, thanks for your assurance and I may reach out to CS for additional insight. I am glad I was correct in seeing a lot of people with PCSBs and value its basic structure with many uses. It just seemed un-TB-like to only have 2 colors of an item and that my prompted concern.

Forum Member
    Lowcountry
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moriond: What is the, "YD Packing Cube"?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YD = Yeoman Duffel

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess with the packing cubes being switched over the aether at some point what fabric will be used?

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tebnewyork View Post
    I guess with the packing cubes being switched over the aether at some point what fabric will be used?
    You know, I was wondering this myself. I have a mini Yeoman packing cube in Aether and I don't think I would like it as an exterior fabric for a shoulder bag... very crinkly.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given how lightweight aether is, I doubt they will use it for dual purpose bags.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ping'd the always helpful Matt today and he said that it will show 'in production' in the next week or two, colours TBD.

I pointed out that the default photo is of Nordic - which was inspiring some wishful thinking, since that hasn't been an offering in quite a while...
    (hint, hint, hint)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I ping'd the always helpful Matt today and he said that it will show 'in production' in the next week or two, colours TBD.

I pointed out that the default photo is of Nordic -...

I also had contacted CS and was told that we should see several colors available by the end of the year. I just checked now and the island disappeared and NWS in production disappeared too, so I hope this means we will see more colors soon as @G42 mentioned.

@G42 I think the color shown is Island. Island PCSB were available the beginning of this week.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    @G42 I think the color shown is Island. Island PCSB were available the beginning of this week.
    It is indeed showing Island 200d halcyon now as the default photo... but it was definitely Nordic the previous couple of days.
    Since a couple of us mentioned the Nordic (Matt confirmed in our convo), they probably removed that Nordic photo so we wouldn't get our hopes up!
    Too bad, it would be nice to have a run of Nordic and original white grid Black halcyon... those are 400D fabrics right now though, so that probably requires a slightly different manufacturing set up.
    Even better would be some 210 ballistic colours! We can always dream

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donít worry, I keep PCSBs in business. They make great gifts too. PCSB's Future