1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smart Alec Lower Modular Pocket

For those of you who have the smart Alec and use the lower modular pocket with it, what do you use it for? I am curious as to what it is ideal for storage wise / travel wise, with the barrel shape I am having a hard time thinking of what it can be put to good use for. Pics always welcome too! Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used it most frequently for things like books/notebooks, a pair of relatively flat shoes (I'm a women's size 8), or a toiletries pouch!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly, the Side Effect also fits in nicely.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can also attach a TC to the lower location, if you want a slimmer profile than the LMP
    Steel/Island A45,WF,Pilot; Steel/Solar CP; Blk/Solar TS; Blk/Canyon S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    you can also attach a TC to the lower location, if you want a slimmer profile than the LMP
    Oh wow, never thought of that. Thanks for the idea! Cos I have neither the UMP or LMP, was thinking of attaching SE/SK to the top. And that will still count as 1 carry-on bag!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I was wondering more what people put in there, than what they use as a pouch. It just seems like an unsecure vulnerable place to store anything. So I just wondered what others kept in their front storage lower mp.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually keep wipes, Kleenex, lip balm, snacks, that sort of stuff... Small headlamp, notebook, etc.
    If I'm using two outside units, the more expensive stuff (Kindle, etc) goes in the one on top, near my head... I think I'd notice someone pilfering from there

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is also a good place to securely put a larger water bottle.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I slide my 3D Org Cube used for TSA toiletries into the LMP along with toothbrush, comb, hair products, etc. When not flying TSA Pre, 3DOC easy to remove. Because SA is a backpack, airlines rarely give it a thought as a personal item in terms of dimension and no problem with overheads. Sometimes I need to slim in the LMP dimension if going unseat, but that's easy once on the plane.

In other situations, water bottle and snacks, etc.