Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using travel cubelet in cafe bag?

Does anyone ever use a travel cubelet inside a cafe bag? The TC works out great for me as a small purse but sometimes I have extra stuff to carry like my iPad and water bottle. I was thinking I could tuck the TC (minus the shoulder strap) into a cafe bag so I could just grab it when all I really need is my wallet and phone.

Iím only 5í4Ē so I worry that the MCB will feel too big (the 12.2Ē height concerns me) but I also donít know if the SCB will have enough room for much else with the TC in there. My TC is 525 ballistic so it probably doesnít squish as well as the halcyon does and I would ideally like to fit my27 oz kleen kanteen in also.

I thinking I will have to go with the MCB but maybe the small is a little bigger than I think it is. If anyone has any advice or maybe has some pictures of the TC in a cafe bag Iíd really appreciate it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can post some pictures of the MCB with a TC in it when I get home tonight - I'm 5'2 and think the MCB is a perfect size, especially for everything you want to carry. I looked at the SCBs, but I don't think there would be enough room, not to mention I'm not sure that your ipad would fit in it...
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot speak to the TC, because I don't have one. HOWEVER, I do find myself in a similar situation. I regularly carry a SE (similar size of the TC). I can easily put the SE in my MCB, along with a journal, small knitting project and my 32 oz Kleen Kanteen. That KK is heavy when full, so that's not ideal for me but it's do-able. My slimmer Zojirushi fits better but I love my KK.

That said, I don't often put the SE inside the MCB simply because of the horizontal orientation of the SE. Based on that experience and given the vertical orientation and the ability to access the TC contents from the top, I think the TC would fit nicely inside the MCB.

And I agree...the MCB is the perfect size IMO. However, I'm 5'11". I've often thought of getting the SCB, because I apparently cannot have too many TB bags, but my satisfaction with the MCB wins and I find I just don't need another messenger bag since I've already got the perfect bag.
    Last edited by AHesting; 10-31-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SCB is cute, but I think it's just too small, especially when I have an MCB. If I want small, I go with the TC.
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A TC, 24-ounce nalgene water bottle, and iPad Pro 9.7 in a cover will all fit in the MCB with room to spare (I’m having difficulty loading a picture to show). They also fit in a SCB, but it’s a tighter squeeze; I ended up returning g the SCB.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, here are some pictures - ignore my RBF - I think I thought the smiles looked goofy! LOL. Anyway, I hope you can get an idea of the proportions of the bag as well as what you can fit in it. I have a 9.7" iPad pro, a TC (stuffed with Halloween candy to simulate it being full :-) ) and a 32oz Hydroflask which is probably fatter than your 27oz Kleen Kanteen. There is definitely still room on top of everything if you wanted to tuck a sweater or jacket in too.

If there is anything else you want pics of, let me know! Using travel cubelet in cafe bag?-fullsizeoutput_29c3-jpegUsing travel cubelet in cafe bag?-fullsizeoutput_29c5-jpg

Forum Member
    Northern NSW, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pictures! What colour is that travel cubelet?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirri View Post
    Nice pictures! What colour is that travel cubelet?
    Viridian! I think it's the Cloud interior and crappy lighting skewing the color in the pic.