Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brain Bag Questions

First post in a long time, still loving all my TB products

I'm looking at getting a Brain Bag for an upcoming trip to Cozumel. I'll be using a Western Flyer and our 2 Co-Pilots. I have a Synapse 25 but it won't be big enough for my wife, she's not as minimal as I am with clothes, haha! I've thought about an Aeronaut 45 but I like the organizational pockets of a backpack way better. Assuming the BB will fit in the above compartment on US flights to Mexico.

Question: what large packing cubes work the best in the Brain Bag's 2 large compartments? Does the large Snake Charmer fit in the front pockets? Thanks for the help!
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Forum Member
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an Aeronaut 45 large packing cube in either Brain Bag main compartment. It fits well and just happened to be what I already owned.

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used the Pilot large cube and a PCSB in combination with one another. A couple or PCSBs and a size 4 TSS in either of the main pockets.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback! Does the large Snake Charmer fit in the front side pockets or the small one?

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have/use a Snake Charmer so I can't help out with that one. Sorry

Forum Member
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also don’t have a large Snake Charmer, so sorry I cannot answer that part of your question.

Atlanta, GA, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I asked a TB staffer to go physically check, and he said the smaller snake charmer was a better fit for the side pockets.

Forum Member
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    I use an Aeronaut 45 large packing cube in either Brain Bag main compartment. It fits well and just happened to be what I already owned.
    I do this, too (I have the laundry version) and there's still room on top to store something else, like a SC or something like that.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anybody travel with the Brain Bag as their main clothing bag?

MA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have on several occasions done so. I tend to pack on the lighter side and I use packing cubes liberally.

Forum Member
    France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Does anybody travel with the Brain Bag as their main clothing bag?
    Yes quite often for short 1-3 night business trips.

Forum Member
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have, with the large A45 laundry packing cube in the back pocket. That holds 4-5 days worth of clothes.

In the front large compartment, I'll have a jacket (depending on the season), plus my MCB as my personal item while flying.

My small travel tray, containing my nightstand "go-bag" worth of medications and phone/watch chargers, go in the weird top compartment on the front face of the bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Brain Bag as my main clothing bag. I pack my shirts, socks, etc. in TB packing cubes in the front main compartment; and roll my pants, sweatpants (for sleeping), and light jacket in the back compartment. The Brain Bag is the best!!!

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve used the BB as a one-bag clothing, toiletries, etc bag. It works well, and I’m not a light packer. Just be careful. Overpacked, and it’s hard to fit into some overhead bins.
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to pack clothes in the Brain Bag is to use Packing Cubes.

I use Packing Cube Backpacks, an Halcyon Daylight Backpack can also be used. Two Packing Cubes Shoulder Bags can be stacked on top of each other for socks, base garments, extra pair of shoes...

The new Laundry Packing Cubes can also be used, Passagere suggested A45 Large ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast