Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone with a nordic halcyon aeronaut post pictures and thoughts?

I'm giving my (much taller) brother my A45. We have an A30 in black halcyon that my fiancee steals - I need a second one for when we travel together.

Not super interested in 1050 ballistic, and TB has said they don't plan on putting out aeronauts in 525. I feel like the black/white halcyon is pretty bold for a large bag, meaning Nordic is the colorway I'm eyeballing now.

Can anyone post pics of their aeronaut (or larger bag / duffle etc) in nordic? Do you love it? I'm worried the pattern may be a bit bold in a large bag, so that's my main concern... thoughts?

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Synapse in the black with white grid and while I love it, it is definitely eye-catching!

I ordered a western flyer in Nordic halcyon and sold it on without ever using it, as I thought it was very shiny and a much brighter colour than I was expecting, particularly in sunlight. It seems much shinier than either of the black halcyon options.

Hopefully someone can post pics to help you.

In the meantime: would you consider getting another dark grid black halcyon aeronaut, since you already like the fabric and colour? I'm thinking you could put different coloured zipper pulls on your two bags so you wouldn't mix them up. And maybe have different coloured halcyon inside

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    I have a Synapse in the black with white grid and while I love it, it is definitely eye-catching!

I ordered a western flyer in Nordic halcyon and sold it on without ever using it, as I thought it was very shiny and a much brighter colour than I was expecting, particularly in sunlight. It seems much shinier than either of the black halcyon options.

Hopefully someone can post pics to help you.

In the meantime: would you consider getting another dark grid black halcyon aeronaut, since you already like the fabric and colour? I'm thinking you could put different coloured zipper pulls on your two bags so you wouldn't mix them up. And maybe have different coloured halcyon inside

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Yup that's the plan - the dark grid is fine and very functional. I'd prefer more variation but it isn't the end of the world. Will probably wind up ordering both and returning the blue if I don't like it..

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Nordic A30 and I love the rich, saturated blue. I wanted lighter weight fabric but didn't want black, so I waited months for it to come in stock, and it was worth it. Image upload failed, but fwiw it's gorgeous. It doesn't come across as a pattern at all, but looks like a solid bold blue with a hint of texture.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Image upload failed, but fwiw it's gorgeous.
    try reducing the size of your pic - there's a size limit (don't know what it is, but I have to reduce the size of all my pics to post)
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone with a nordic halcyon aeronaut post pictures and thoughts?-img_20181019_120556~2-jpg

Hey hey! Here it is under an Amtrak seat.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone with a nordic halcyon aeronaut post pictures and thoughts?-img_20181019_165758-jpg

Light's not awesome in this one, sorry.

Can anyone with a nordic halcyon aeronaut post pictures and thoughts?-img_20181019_170200-jpg

Island travel tray for comparison.

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! So the dark check is pretty subtle?

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very subtle.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you've never seen the fabric in person, you can email customer service and TB will send you a small swatch... not ideal, I admit, for visualizing a large bag, but it will add some flavor to the pics.

I have the Daylight Briefcase and Side Kick in dark grid Nordic and like them a lot. My A30 is Navy, because I wanted the heavier ballistic fabric.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...