Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Aid Pouch (mini!)

Hello all!

Primary Question:
    Does either the Cubelet or 3D Organizer Cube have rings inside so that organizer pouches can be added to the interior?

Explanation:
    I want to upgrade my First Aid pouch and... well, honestly, I was super excited for Tom Bihn's First Aid option to be available, but it's far too big for my purposes. My past two first aid pouches have been approx 5.5x4.5x1 and 5x5x1.5 in size (inches).

Ideally Tom Bihn would make a "small" First Aid Pouch, but since I don't see that happening anytime soon I thought about making my own out of a cubelet plus 2x double organizer pouches, if they can attach to the interior.

Thoughts?

For reference, I had a first aid pouch similar to this one (though not this exact one):
    https://www.rei.com/product/132219/h...-first-aid-kit

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Aid Pouch (mini!)

No, 3DOCs do not have prints inside them. I donít have a cubelet so canít confirm that.

You could however get someone to stitch them on for you (or diy if youíre good with a sewing needle) if you had some spares lying around?

Oh and the clear organiser cubes have shook thing inside them. You may be able to use that? Or repurpose the attachment loop atleast?

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/...nt=16399453127

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LordAnubis; 11-20-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No o-rings on the insides of either of those pouches. There are exterior rings, but that's not what you're looking for.

I'm assuming you're talking about the little double First Aid Pouchkins, not the full size double organizer pouches...? Those definitely won't fit.
    The double Pouchkins might fit in the 3DOCs - I don't have them to check - but the listed dimensions show it might work as a tight fit.
    The doubles definitely won't fit a Cubelet.

FWIW, I use a Cubelet and just put everything I need for mini First Aid straight into the pouch... a couple things are in tiny jewelry ziplocks, but nothing fancy, it's such a small pouch, I doubt things will get lost.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's true the 3DOC doesn't have O-rings, but you can clip things to the triangular base of the S-hook inside the 3DOC as though it were an O-ring. You can even saw off the hook part of the S-hook and just leave the triangular base.

Depending on how much you want to put in your first aid kit, you can also use a mini or small organizer pouch: My first aid kits: Small Double Organizer Pouch and Mini Clear Organizer Pouch

Or if you want to go a little larger, the Travel Cubelet does have at least one O-ring inside.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone! Great post on First Aid kits @aedifica. Gave me a lot of ideas, will let you know where I go with it