Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Co-Pilot Fabric Shift from 1050 to 525?

It looks like all the current co-pilot offerings are in 525, but the receipt for mine from approx a year ago says 1050. Did that change?

I'd considered selling/trading my Co-Pilot and changing to a Pilot, but if I can't get the Co-Pilot in 1050 again I'm keeping it. I am extremely tough on my bags.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BowTrek View Post
    It looks like all the current co-pilot offerings are in 525, but the receipt for mine from approx a year ago says 1050. Did that change?

I'd considered selling/trading my Co-Pilot and changing to a Pilot, but if I can't get the Co-Pilot in 1050 again I'm keeping it. I am extremely tough on my bags.
    Yes that did change in the last year or so. I would hang on to your 1050 CP as there is a good chance it won't be made again in that fabric.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it! Will keep for sure.

Is the Pilot likely to change as well, do you think? Because I haven't been able to justify picking one up when I don't really need it, but if the fabric is going to change I might ought to grab one.

Not that the 525 isn't also great quality, but moreso than most of my bags the Co-Pilot / Pilot use case scenario in my life is a rough one.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BowTrek View Post

Is the Pilot likely to change as well, do you think? Because I haven't been able to justify picking one up when I don't really need it, but if the fabric is going to change I might ought to grab one.
    That would probably be worth emailing customer service about and asking - they will know for sure!
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a PCSB in original Nordic or Sitka.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a massive ballistic fabric fan, I was surprised to like the 525 fabric as much as the 1050. Especially in my new 525 Mars Red Copilot. No regrets (in fact itís a preference) to move to the more flexible but still hard wearing 525.

Iíd even consider 525 in a pilot. But in travel luggage bags, WF/TS and Aeronaut, Iíd stick with the 1050.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS) & (Black/Steel), Tristar (Steel/Island), Cadet (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Black Halcyon/Iberian), Synapse 19 (Grey/UV), Ristretto 13 (Steel/NWS), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Co-Pilot (Steel/Wasabi), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel), Daylight Backpack (Burnt Orange), Daylight Briefcase (Black Halcyon) PLUS more 'bits' than you can shake a stick at!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have a MCB with the 525 - it's still great, but I've gotten it scuffed up easier. I'm that person who might have been seen dragging a bag down an asphalt road or kicking it under a seat, etc.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the difference between the 525 and the 1050?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    The 525 is thinner and more pliable. The 1050 is heavy duty.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    and to add on to @cristina, check out the materials glossary...there's a link at the top of the Forums page and also right here
    There's all sorts of cool info

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/materials
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF&CP; Blk/Canyon S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    and to add on to @cristina, check out the materials glossary...there's a link at the top of the Forums page and also right here
    There's all sorts of cool info

https://www.tombihn.com/pages/materials
    Very helpful, thank you!
    Proud owner of blue Halcyon Synapse 25, blue Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    The 525 is thinner and more pliable. The 1050 is heavy duty.
    Thank you, very helpful!
    Proud owner of blue Halcyon Synapse 25, blue Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it.