Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can a standard manila folder fit into a copilot?

I love my medium cafe bag, but am considering either the copilot or the maker's bag...

Yes, I know I should get both, but my budget says otherwise!
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original post which answered a different question than the one being asked: I don't have a manila envelope here to demonstrate with, but it wouldn't fit in a Co-Pilot without a bit of bending. The Co-Pilot is 11.8", a standard manila envelope is 12". A Maker's Bag would be a much better bet for what it sounds like you need!

Edit to answer the actual question: Oh, when I saw jessmakes' post below I realized I'd been totally forgetting about these folders and assuming you meant envelopes! I just tested and a manila folder will fit in a Co-Pilot but the folder tab is likely to get bent, because it's right up there at the very top of the bag. I think a Maker's Bag would still be a better choice for carrying a folder like this, but it does fit in the Co-Pilot as well.

Can a standard manila folder fit into a copilot?-img_0890-jpg
    Last edited by aedifica; 12-09-2018 at 07:39 PM.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can a standard manila folder fit into a copilot?-fceb03be-23ba-4f27-ae64-585c079f4749-jpeg

This is a standard size Manila folder in my maker bag and you can see that size is definitely not an issue. I love my maker bag!
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awesome way to answer! Love the photos, very helpful!

And damn. I really like the water bottle pocket in the copilot!
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    What an awesome way to answer! Love the photos, very helpful!

And damn. I really like the water bottle pocket in the copilot!
    Is a Pilot an option for you? It's enough taller that the folder tab should be fine, and it has the water bottle pocket. (I like my Pilot *and* my Co-Pilot *and* my Maker's Bag. I know you said your budget won't allow multiples right now, though, so I won't try to convince you to get more than one!)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (sigh) I may end up trying both a Co-pilot *and* a Maker's Bag. I think the Maker's Bag is probably going to be a little larger than I'm comfortable with, so the Pilot almost certainly will be too big for me.