Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post
    How big is the mini hero clip?

I had purchased the regular size last year thinking it would be a little bigger than a regular carabineer size and that thing is huge! I had intended to use it at concerts where the bathrooms are usually in poor condition with no hook for purses, but I doubt something that size would be let inside.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I obviously have no idea what the conditions are like in the ladies, but if theyíre not that dissimilar from the stalls in the gents, then maybe a purse hanger like my wife has would work for your use case:

Itís about the size of a keychain folded up, but works to hang her purse at the dinner table. I would think it should work to also hang your purse from the stall wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How big is the mini hero clip?

I had purchased the regular size last year thinking it would be a little bigger than a regular carabineer size and that thing is huge! I had intended to use it at concerts where the bathrooms are usually in poor condition with no hook for purses, but I doubt something that size would be let inside.

I actually don't like the mini heroclip. Is anyone else having success with it? It works fine when you have a thin surface or a proper hook that it can grab onto properly. But it does not work on thicker tables and there isn't enough length to manuever the center of gravity under the clip. So it's much smaller and the size is better, but the functionality seems to be degraded even vs the small (which is about the same size of a "regular" carabiner) and gives you a bit more "room for error".

The medium heroclip must be massive...but I suspect that is because that size works better for gripping surfaces and getting the center of gravity correct....then again, I don't own the medium, so I'm really just speculating.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use a travel cubelet with essentials: A6 planner, kindle, wallet, keys, phone, pen
    but usually it's inside my small cafe with travel mug, handkerchief, more pens, sometimes lunch, phone charger, headphones, and sundries in a mini pouch.
    except when i need my work notebook (A4 size) or laptop, when it's inside my makers, with the tc strap, charger, headphones, snack, water bottle, knitting (in a size 1 stuff sack), etc.
    yes, i have two sets of headphones & chargers, the fancier bigger ones live in the makers, the smaller lighter ones live in the cafe.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    I actually don't like the mini heroclip. Is anyone else having success with it? It works fine when you have a thin surface or a proper hook that it can grab onto properly. But it does not work on thicker tables and there isn't enough length to manuever the center of gravity under the clip. So it's much smaller and the size is better, but the functionality seems to be degraded even vs the small (which is about the same size of a "regular" carabiner) and gives you a bit more "room for error".

The medium heroclip must be massive...but I suspect that is because that size works better for gripping surfaces and getting the center of gravity correct....then again, I don't own the medium, so I'm really just speculating.
    There was no size on the hero clip I bought, it lists the dimensions as 3 x 3.5 x 0.5 inches and it seems huge. I'll have to take a picture comparing it to what I consider to be a normal sized carabineer clip.

If that's the small size, I'd need the mini. I'm curious to hear what others say about the mini, you bring up a good point on the usefulness of a larger size

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been talking a lot about the hero clips, but I can actually contribute to the original discussion!

For work, I carry a parental unit.

In the front pocket I keep a 3d organizer cube with toiletry stuff (mini hair brush, Band-Aids, hand wipes, hand sanitizer, hair ties, dental floss), a small snake charmer (various charging cables, a Chromecast, external battery pack), and a totes travel umbrella.

In the main compartment I keep my Nintendo Switch and some small organizer pouches for coupons and lady products.

In the back section I keep either my travel cubelet or side effect with my wallet (clear organizer wallet) and keys. I take this out as my purse when I go to lunch.

For the weekends or quick errand trips, I take either the side effect or travel cubelet with keys and wallet.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will usually carry either a S25 or Ego with too much stuff in either as is my way!

I carry at least 2 computers Mac & Windows.an iPad Mini,ThrowDown Phone,Small HDMI Monitor,Power Bank,Cables of every description and then some more,Dongles and adapters,Tools,Meters,Toners,Notepads,Programming Interfaces,Manuals and just a lot of crap.

Every time I try to downsize I end up needing something that was left behind?

The Ego is really an amazing bag too,I carried the Super Ego for years but just drove myself crazy with the weight and bulk so I found an Ego on Ebay and it is about perfect for me!

The S25 is similar greatness and though I keep trying and buying packs by others there is no clear victor that kills the Synapse yet.

Yet I keep trying too?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no size on the hero clip I bought, it lists the dimensions as 3 x 3.5 x 0.5 inches and it seems huge. I'll have to take a picture comparing it to what I consider to be a normal sized carabineer clip.

If that's the small size, I'd need the mini. I'm curious to hear what others say about the mini, you bring up a good point on the usefulness of a larger size

@Nolegrl, you have a medium size.

As @experimentjon mentions, the mini is significantly smaller and won't work well if you're trying to hook & balance on a thick surface. To me it's better suited for hooking onto actual hooks or clipping things together. For the hook & balance on tables, I would recommend the small or medium.

The website doesn't seem to show the inside dimension of the hook, but it's about 2.5" for the medium, 2" for the small, and 1.5" for the mini.
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF&CP; Blk/Canyon S19; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    @Nolegrl, you have a medium size.

As @experimentjon mentions, the mini is significantly smaller and won't work well if you're trying to hook & balance on a thick surface. To me it's better suited for hooking onto actual hooks or clipping things together. For the hook & balance on tables, I would recommend the small or medium.

The website doesn't seem to show the inside dimension of the hook, but it's about 2.5" for the medium, 2" for the small, and 1.5" for the mini.
    Thanks! The plan I had would be to hook the top over the stall door and clip my purse to the other end on the inside of the door. I'm thinking the small might be best for that? The medium definitely would work, but the size of it worries me. The security staff aren't usually the best judges of what items are and would definitely question it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! The plan I had would be to hook the top over the stall door and clip my purse to the other end on the inside of the door. I'm thinking the small might be best for that? The medium definitely would work, but the size of it worries me. The security staff aren't usually the best judges of what items are and would definitely question it.

I would go with the small for that, if you're hooking over the stall door vs a hook.
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF&CP; Blk/Canyon S19; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naturally, my EDC depends on the day:

- If it's a workday or if I'm heading to the coffee shop to write, my EDC is a Synapse 25 (black Halcyon or Aubergine, depending on my mood) with a Freudian slip and a Cache for my 13" MacBook Pro, with a rain parka tucked into a Nordic Halcyon Side Effect I stuff into the bottom external pocket. Inside, I'll carry another Side Effect in Black 525 that I use to stash my wallet, phones, and keys if I'm nipping out sans backpack.

- If it's a day off of work and I'm just running errands, I'll grab the Side Effect in Black 525 to hold my wallet, phones, and keys.

- If I'm heading to the local coffee shop to read, sip, and nosh, I'll grab a Side Kick to hold my wallet, phones, keys, portable RavPower battery charger, my Bluetooth earbuds, and my Kindle and/or iPad.

It seems that I've gone full Bihnion at this point.

Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Travel Cubelets in Black and Dawn - Pop Tote in Olive - Synapse 19 in Deep Blue/Iberian Halcyon (with Freudian Slip) - Side Kick in Aubergine/Island Halcyon - Side Kick in Verde/Ultraviolet Halcyon - Side Kick in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - Synapse 25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon (with Freudian Slip) - Synapse 25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon (with Freudian Slip)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My EDC for work is the DLBC with the Side Kick for internal organisation. The Side Kick holds my phone, two spectacle cases and sandwich box. I have a double organiser pouch in the front angled pocket, a compact camera in one of the two smaller pockets and a fold up hat and fold up shopping bag in the back pocket.

When travelling for work my 13" laptop in a cache, notebook, double organiser pouch and latop accessories go in the DLBC.

And on the weekends, if I don't need the DLBC, then I'll throw my glasses, phone and an iPad Mini into the SK and run with that.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My EDC depends on the day of the week but is pretty consistent:

-Workdays: DLBP (Original Halcyon ) with my SE
    I just recently received my DLBP and was concerned it wouldn't hold all of my stuff (including my 14.5" laptop). So far, it serves my needs wonderfully, ESPECIALLY with the laptop in it. It looks so nice and trim against my back, even loaded up. I'm really loving it and it feels so much better than the heavy leather tote I had been using.

The SE is my favorite TB bag and I have it in three colors. For me, it's the perfect little bag-in-bag (Swift, DLBP, MCB, Shop Bags, etc.). I use it with the wrist strap as a clutch, rather than the shoulder strap. I love this little bag SO much! I have the SK, which is really nice, but it's just a little too big for my needs...kind of in between the MCB & SE.

-Weekends, Out & about: MCB
    This bag is so great. I always carry water with me, along with a decent sized wallet and a sock knitting project. The MCB fits all of these things easily with room for more. It's also an easy carry with my DLBP if needed.
    Last edited by AHesting; 12-13-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side Effect
    Everyday carry, every day since I got my first one!
    I love this design so much that I have several in different colours to suit every mood.
    The perfect small bag in my opinion in, large enough for the essentials and small enough to fit into any larger bag. Magically the right size to fit in the pocket of a synapse 19, pilot and NFTD.
    Currently in love with my coyote 1050d version.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gqb; 12-14-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work - DLBC. Keeps all my work essentials, laptop and the boatload of adaptors that go along with it. Slim profile allows me to also run errands after work so I donít have to leave the bag in the car.

Out with the kids - LCB. Holds everything I need from diapers and snacks to my camera. I keep the strap small to hug my lower back when Iím walking around.

Using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just chiming in here to say if anyone is interested in a Heroclip, they are having a sale on their clips over at Amazon. I received an email about the sale and purchased a small one. I use the original regular size Heroclip and love being able to clip a backpack on the stroller when we're with the grandkids at Disneyland or clip a bag to the table or to the top of a stall door in a public restroom. Looking forward to trying the small size.

Here's the email:

"Enjoy 25% off all sizes and colors of Heroclip from our official store on Amazon. All orders are eligible for Prime FREE 2-day Shipping for U.S. delivery before December 25.

With our full line of Heroclips eager to lend a hand, youíre free to do more of what you love every day. Get a few for yourself, or for that last-minute stocking stuffer on your list.

Offer ends Saturday, December 22, so get them while it lasts!

Copy this code and paste it during check out: BGG3AB7W"
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast