Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Cafe bag question

Hello Forum members!!

I am a newbie with a question. I recently purchased a Tom Bihn Field Journal Notebook from Ebay. I had wanted one since they first came out and never had the opportunity to buy one.

Anyhow. I do not need anything big. The co-pilot looks to boxy. I am replacing a 12+ year old Timbuk2 Mini Metro. It is the same capacity as the small cafe bag. I was wondering would the field journal fit in a small cafe bag ?

Thank you ,
    Netjunkie

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will fit, but it nearly fills it. If you were going to do that, you might as well just carry the Field Journal Notebook alone by its strap. (If yours didn't come with the strap, you can still buy a strap here: https://www.tombihn.com/products/fie...shoulder-strap )

If you want to be able to carry the Field Journal Notebook plus a little more, but not too much more, you might consider a Medium Cafe Bag (8 liters) instead of a Small Cafe Bag (6 liters).

I'm sorry about the lack of color contrast in these photos making it hard to see how much or how little room there is in the Medium Cafe Bag, but I hope it's enough to show that the Cocoa Field Journal fills the Cloud/Viridian Small Cafe Bag but fits into the Mars Red/Dawn Medium Cafe Bag vertically or horizontally with room to spare.

Small Cafe bag question-befunky-collage-jpg
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the photos!!! I suspected the small would be a tight fit. Seems like the medium is the way to go. Now I have to decide what color I want.

Thank you again,
    Netjunkie