Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Has anyone else had problems with TB selling stock they donít have?

Please disregard. Customer service called me and fixed the problem. Happy customer!!!

After about 30 hours of research (not exaggerating), I decided to solve my packing dilemma by getting a GORGEOUS synapse 25 in what I hoped would become my signature TB color- alphaviolet. I paid for it, as well as a number of other packing items in alpha and ultraviolet and some lightweight day packs (same color scheme for me), then this morning woke up to an email stating TB didn’t have the Synapse in Alphaviolet after all.

We decided to buy from Tom Bihn because I had heard such great things about the customer service/made in America policies. But to me, selling an item you don’t have is just about the worst customer service a company can have. Really disappointed - and, honestly, just sad - about this first experience with Tom Bihn and wondering if I should cancel the entire order and return or if this is an aberration.
    Last edited by Elle; 01-15-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aberration. TB has amazing customer service. Contact them directly to discuss the issue.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear this happened to you. I totally understand your disappointment. This seems like a one-off situation, one that I havenít heard of before, so it makes me think it was a computer/inventory glitch that showed the Alphaviolet S25 in stock when, in fact, it wasnít.

Customer service actually is AMAZING! The great things youíve heard about them are true. They do everything possible to resolve problems to the customerís satisfaction. They would never knowingly sell an item they do not have in stock. I suggest reaching out to them, either by email or phone, and finding out what happened with the Alphaviolet S25.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both. I did email customer service back (no response but it’s just been a few hours), but the way the initial email was phrased made me think it wasn’t a big deal for them. It definitely was for me! I actually searched for the color I wanted them chose bags based on the color, instead of choosing from the full selection of bags, I am so committed to making this color scheme work.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, that's a real shame. It has happened to me at other companies before, and I am going to guess that the last one was maybe sold in person in the factory showroom? Like, if you placed your order at 2:10pm but at the same time (or anytime before your actual box was packed for shipment) someone comes in and grabs the last one from the shop. Either way, a big disappointment!!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's great to read your update that TB Customer Services has resolved the problem to your satisfaction - and to their superb standards. Hope you soon get and enjoy your Synapse 25.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I am really excited to try it out. It turns out it was a mislabeled bag- someone mistook Aubergine for ultraviolet! So the UV was not in stock but they’re making it right, which I appreciate. Wish they’d make UV synapse again though.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    Thank you. I am really excited to try it out. It turns out it was a mislabeled bag- someone mistook Aubergine for ultraviolet! So the UV was not in stock but they’re making it right, which I appreciate. Wish they’d make UV synapse again though.
    Heads up - there's an Alphaviolet Synapse 25 up on eBay right now.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar