Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 19 Label

I realize that there are mixed views on this, so I hesitate to ask...but has anyone removed the TB label from a Synapse 19? I'm not a huge fan of it and I was thinking of replacing it with a different patch. I've read that there are punch holes under the label, but I'm curious as to the exact location so that I'll know if the patch I'm considering will cover them. Any advice or pictures are appreciated!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the stitch holes are just around the perimeter of the label. if you look closely you can see the stitching.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could just sew your new patch over the TB one - then if you later want to resell your bag, you can remove the patch and it will be back to its original state.
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you decide to remove the label, can you post a pic? I’d like to remove the label on my pop tote and would like to know if the stitch holes look big/unsightly. I don’t intend to replace it with a patch. Much appreciated!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I wasn't worried about the stitch holes, as I assume the fabric will relax and they won't be noticeable. I was more concerned about the punch holes mentioned in other threads that I guess are used the help with alignment/positioning. If I remove it I'll definitely post pictures, but I was hoping someone else might have pictures before I take that chance!

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming back from a short trip now but I have some photos from awhile back of my sterile Tom Bihn Synapse 19 in Cordura.

https://imgur.com/a/816L2

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I don't get it?
    Whats wrong with the label exactly?Confused

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting the pics! Do you mind telling me how far apart the two holes are? Thanks!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with the label, I just prefer the clean look.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8hc View Post
    Nothing wrong with the label, I just prefer the clean look.
    I never even considered that.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    OK I don't get it?
    Whats wrong with the label exactly?Confused
    Nothing, but I was able to buy my first S19 for a substantial discount on a marketplace because nobody else wanted a debadged TB!

I personally wouldn't bother removing the label but I have come to really like my bag as it is.

Thanks for posting the pics! Do you mind telling me how far apart the two holes are? Thanks!
    I'll try to measure those holes tonight.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Nothing, but I was able to buy my first S19 for a substantial discount on a marketplace because nobody else wanted a debadged TB!

I personally wouldn't bother removing the label but I have come to really like my bag as it is.

I'll try to measure those holes tonight.
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize that there are mixed views on this, so I hesitate to ask...but has anyone removed the TB label from a Synapse 19? I'm not a huge fan of it and I was thinking of replacing it with a different patch. I've read that there are punch holes under the label, but I'm curious as to the exact location so that I'll know if the patch I'm considering will cover them. Any advice or pictures are appreciated!
    We removed the label from a sample/couldn't-be-sold Synapse so you (and other folks who are thinking of doing something similar) could see how visible the marker holes are:

Synapse 19 Label-synaspse-no-label-jpg

It's roughly 44mm between the two marker holes. A patch that covers both holes and the more subtle marks left by the stitching would need to be around 65mm x 50mm.

Hope this helps a bit, and if you get a chance post a photo of the patch you end up choosing!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 19 Label

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We removed the label from a sample/couldn't-be-sold Synapse so you (and other folks who are thinking of doing something similar) could see how visible the marker holes are:

Synapse 19 Label-synaspse-no-label-jpg

It's roughly 44mm between the two marker holes. A patch that covers both holes and the more subtle marks left by the stitching would need to be around 65mm x 50mm.

Hope this helps a bit, and if you get a chance post a photo of the patch you end up choosing!
    I mean... helping a customer remove your branding is like the Macy's Santa sending people to Gimbel's; a classy move!

(I know no one is surprised because TB is the very definition of kind and generous customer service but I needed to make that Miracle on 34th Street reference. I just needed to.)
    Last edited by Cristina; 01-26-2019 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Added "Street"

Dallas, Texas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why Tom Bihn is one of those rare companies that deserves every bit of praise they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Donít make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, donít hesitate to make it beautiful. ó Shaker Philosophy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast