Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Side Kick Briefcase?

Has anyone added briefcase-style handles to their Side Kick?

My dream bag at the moment would be something like a mini DLBC or a FJN thatís a tad bigger and an inch deeper. The Side Kick is close enough to the right dimensions (although a bit bigger would be helpful for making my iPad fit more comfortably), but I wish it had handles. I know you can attach a shoulder or wrist strap to it, but neither is quite right for me. Hence wondering if maybe I could hack my side kick.

For a little more about the use case, lately Iíve been packing my iPad-sized ristretto into a backpack (either a daylight or a packing cube backpack) for my commute, then taking it out for local transport once I get to the office. This works pretty well, but I get a bit annoyed having to carry a shoulder strap as well. The ristretto does have a single grab-handle at the top, but I find itís useful for grabbing but not really for carrying. Maybe thereís an older design out there that would fit the bill of what Iím looking for?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the problem with the DLBC simply that it is larger than you need for your iPad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps look at third-party option like this (not recommending this company, just providing it as an example, because they seem to have a lot of choices for short and long straps).
    Last edited by bchaplin; 01-21-2019 at 08:58 AM. Reason: re-read original post
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a Side Kick, but would a 16" keystrap clipped to both sides of it work?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Is the problem with the DLBC simply that it is larger than you need for your iPad?
    Yes. I sold my DLBC a few months ago after several years of EDC use because I found it didnít underpack well with an iPad in it. Unless I put in an unnecessary extra piece of clothing or something, the iPad would slide around or lean at awkward angles.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting idea. Might be worth a shot, though it could look a little funny. Will let you know if I try it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thatís useful - thanks!